Stateroom requests offered via email precruise

That's good to know. I remember you used to be able to choose whether you wanted your bed separated or not when you first booked your cruise, as well as whether there was a special occasion, like a birthday or anniversary being celebrated, and on which day. With the past several cruises I've been on I had to either have my travel agent put those requests in or call Royal up to have it done.

Our request to have our teens' beds separated with the pre-cruise form was NOT honored upon embarkation. We did have the distilled water, but our TA had also made this request so that was probably because of her and not the form. 

However, we had a QR code in our room that allowed for in-room, on demand requests. It stated that actions would be taken in 30-60 minutes after request. These were completed in that time frame every time we used it (4x total). It took you to these pages:

Screenshot_20230405_090323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.22f9fcdee4172f08508d9887c8b3924c.jpgScreenshot_20230405_090337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.879438d68d876034dc5da4028e05cf79.jpg

It may be a pilot program because I haven't heard of any other ships having it yet.

15 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Our request to have our teens beds separated with the pre-cruise form was NOT honored upon embarkation. We did have the distilled water, but our TA had also made this request so that was probably because of her and not the form. 

However, we had a QR code in our room that allowed for in-room, on demand requests. It stated that actions would be taken in 30-60 minutes after request. These were completed in that time frame every time we used it (4x total). It took you to these pages:

Screenshot_20230405_090323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.22f9fcdee4172f08508d9887c8b3924c.jpgScreenshot_20230405_090337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.879438d68d876034dc5da4028e05cf79.jpg

It may be a pilot program because I haven't heard of any other ships having it yet.

I love this service...particularly if it's working as advertised.  I can see them implementing this kind of ad hoc service while trimming the scheduled services to once a day.  I think it's great...if it works.

17 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love this service...particularly if it's working as advertised.  I can see them implementing this kind of ad hoc service while trimming the scheduled services to once a day.  I think it's great...if it works.

It was actually really fantastic, and I loved that it did take some of the pressure off of the cabin attendant. The splitting of beds was the only one he actually did - the balcony divider opening was a different person and the ice bucket (x2) was a different person yet. I guess he would have done the towels too, but we somehow missed it on the form and asked him in person. I did the ice bucket in the cooler trick and only needed ice twice over 7 nights. 

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

It was actually really fantastic, and I loved that it did take some of the pressure off of the cabin attendant. The splitting of beds was the only one he actually did - the balcony divider opening was a different person and the ice bucket (x2) was a different person yet. I guess he would have done the towels too, but we somehow missed it on the form and asked him in person. I did the ice bucket in the cooler trick and only needed ice twice over 7 nights. 

I'll have to remember the ice bucket in the cooler trick. Thanks

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Our request to have our teens' beds separated with the pre-cruise form was NOT honored upon embarkation. We did have the distilled water, but our TA had also made this request so that was probably because of her and not the form. 

On what ship was this?

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I don't see opening the balcony divider in your screenshots.  Is that covered under "open connecting door"?  That sounds like the interior door to me.

15 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I don't see opening the balcony divider in your screenshots.  Is that covered under "open connecting door"?  That sounds like the interior door to me.

That's the one we used. I wasn't sure if it would work - I thought the same as you - but tried it, and the guy who showed up had whatever tools needed for the balcony and immediately went there, so it must cover both? We weren't in connecting rooms this time so maybe they know that ahead of time?

1 -  I love this and hope it rolls out across the fleet. Not only does it do better at ensuring the request actually gets made, it lets people know what other options they have that they may not have known about.

2 - I'm convinced the separate beds is a thing the stewards just tend to forget with everything going on. It's always been on our reservation (cuz I sail with my mom) but it's only been done before we get in the room 50% of the time. I don't really mind it not being done at embarkation since it's not like I'm climbing into bed right then anyway. Usually we come in the room, wipe it down, take note of the stuff and the things and any requests we may have, drop our bags, use OUR bathroom and then go back out to the ship to explore freshly unburdened!