Royal Up Options

VinceC

You question is a little vague.  If you mean that you have two cabins for one party  (Don’t think that is the situation) or can you bid on multiple Royal Up options above your cabin category. 

Since I think it’s the second option and I’ve done it I’ll respond about experience.  Yes, you can bid on any category that is higher than yours.  We bid on select suites this past spring, our original was a balcony stateroom, and won the CLS.  They will only select one, if you even win the Royal Up at all.  

We did not bid on every option that was available and some bids were stronger than others.  Was surprised to get the CLS as our Owners Suite bid was actually the strongest.  Likely it was due to the availability of the category that helps determine a win.

14 minutes ago, ScooterScott22 said:

You question is a little vague.  If you mean that you have two cabins for one party  (Don’t think that is the situation) or can you bid on multiple Royal Up options above your cabin category. 

Since I think it’s the second option and I’ve done it I’ll respond about experience.  Yes, you can bid on any category that is higher than yours.  We bid on select suites this past spring, our original was a balcony stateroom, and won the CLS.  They will only select one, if you even win the Royal Up at all.  

We did not bid on every option that was available and some bids were stronger than others.  Was surprised to get the CLS as our Owners Suite bid was actually the strongest.  Likely it was due to the availability of the category that helps determine a win.

Great to know, so i can only choose one category to Royal UP my OV Balcony.  Can I ask how much extra was your BID that you used to win the CLS as that was the one i was most interested in.   Also, the Royal UP Bid, is that a per person Bid or total for the TWO Persons in the cabin?

Thank you again for you help.

If you choose to bid on a Royal Up, you may have to option to bid on several categories of Stateroom on the same webpage; Oceanview, Spacious Oceanview, Balcony, Obstructed View Balcony, Suites, etc.

If a cabin in one of your chosen categories is available and your bid is "right", only one of the bids will be accepted.

royalup_04(1).jpg.96c94a976c44c66dc74d63e762f6f932.jpg

Back in Auguest, @JennaRCB wrote a good article on the Royal Up program:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/08/02/royal-caribbeans-royalup-guide-tips-and-tricks

Something I think worth mentioning is that you will not be given the option to bid on every single cabin type that is above yours.  It depends on the cabin type you originally booked. 

For example, booking an Inside on Anthem, the options we were given were Outside View, Larger Outside View, Obstructed Balcony, Ocean View Balcony,  and Ocean View With larger balcony.  

We’ve never seen the option to bid on suites unless we’ve originally booked an Oceanview Balcony (or higher). 

Something else I think is worth mentioning… be aware that if your bid is accepted, you could get a cabin (in that category) anywhere on the ship.  If you don’t want to be in a certain area, and will be unhappy if you’re put there, don’t bid  

Something something else that is important to mention…. Sometimes it’s cheaper to just upgrade than put a high bid in for the same potential upgrade   

RUB don't really matter as there is no evidence to say that a minimum bid won't win or that a maximum will. I am 2/2 on winning my RUB, both were only the minimum bid. You can only win one and it is based on the 2pax paying. Rooms cannot be combined, and they can't see linked reservations because it is done by a third party. 

Also, not every room will be eligible for a RUB. If they don't have a list of people looking for the room you have, it won't be an option. 

Interiors on smaller ships will have the least amount of RU offerings. But they can have the option for JS and other suites from interiors.  However, on Oasis class there are more balconies than interior and OV combine probably. So, you have a better and higher chance of going to a balcony. 

16 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

RUB don't really matter as there is no evidence to say that a minimum bid won't win or that a maximum will. I am 2/2 on winning my RUB, both were only the minimum bid. You can only win one and it is based on the 2pax paying. Rooms cannot be combined, and they can't see linked reservations because it is done by a third party. 

Also, not every room will be eligible for a RUB. If they don't have a list of people looking for the room you have, it won't be an option. 

Interiors on smaller ships will have the least amount of RU offerings. But they can have the option for JS and other suites from interiors.  However, on Oasis class there are more balconies than interior and OV combine probably. So, you have a better and higher chance of going to a balcony. 

How long before the cruise can I expect to recieve an email for Royal Up?

Edited by VinceC
Didn't add my message

3 hours ago, VinceC said:

Great to know, so i can only choose one category to Royal UP my OV Balcony.  Can I ask how much extra was your BID that you used to win the CLS as that was the one i was most interested in.   Also, the Royal UP Bid, is that a per person Bid or total for the TWO Persons in the cabin?

Thank you again for you help.

The bid is "per person".  Be cautious with bidding for CLS, more often than not, if you win, you get a suite with a sports deck view and not an OV; that can be an unwelcome surprise for some.

I've received email as well 

So how it works, I mean who wins 

Person who bids higher price? 

I've also checked how much is the suite they offering to bid for upgrade and or doesn't show any available. 

So why they are giving all this options to bid if it's not available. For example Junior suite. 

18 minutes ago, Vlad said:

I've received email as well 

So how it works, I mean who wins 

Person who bids higher price? 

I've also checked how much is the suite they offering to bid for upgrade and or doesn't show any available. 

So why they are giving all this options to bid if it's not available. For example Junior suite. 

Who wins is based on whichever bid chain nets Royal the most amount of money based on a black-box algorithm. They're not just looking at your bid, they're looking at how much people are willing to spend to move out of their cabin and into a higher category one (which might be yours). 

As for why they're accepting bids on sold-out cabins is because people cancel or don't show up to the pier on embarkation day. If Royal doesn't feel like they can reasonably sell the cabin, before sailing, they'll have PlusGrade accept an offer to fill that cabin and make additional money from the bid chain that PlusGrade determines on the new vacant cabin.

14 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Who wins is based on whichever bid chain nets Royal the most amount of money based on a black-box algorithm. They're not just looking at your bid, they're looking at how much people are willing to spend to move out of their cabin and into a higher category one (which might be yours). 

As for why they're accepting bids on sold-out cabins is because people cancel or don't show up to the pier on embarkation day. If Royal doesn't feel like they can reasonably sell the cabin, before sailing, they'll have PlusGrade accept an offer to fill that cabin and make additional money from the bid chain that PlusGrade determines on the new vacant cabin.

All of I just bid the lowest allowed. I don't want to spend much more and other people bid much more than I am. 

It's almost guaranteed I won't get it 

Right? 

12 minutes ago, Vlad said:

All of I just bid the lowest allowed. I don't want to spend much more and other people bid much more than I am. 

It's almost guaranteed I won't get it 

Right? 

You won't know if do or don't until the end of embarkation day. I'm currently sitting at 2 for 2 with sailed sailings in which I've bid and won from an interior to something with a window and haven't bid too much more than the minimum. My bids aren't accepted until around 72 hours prior to sailing, however.

18 minutes ago, Rackham said:

You won't know if do or don't until the end of embarkation day. I'm currently sitting at 2 for 2 with sailed sailings in which I've bid and won from an interior to something with a window and haven't bid too much more than the minimum. My bids aren't accepted until around 72 hours prior to sailing, however.

That sounds strange... 

Until embarkation day? That's not really possible... 

You can't print luggage tags to your cabin, if you'll be getting different one. 

All your documents, including SAIL PASS would be for wrong cabin? 

12 hours ago, Vlad said:

That sounds strange... 

It happens all the time, not a problem; occasionally (rarely) someone will get their Royal Up approved AFTER check in and boarding 

14 hours ago, Vlad said:

That sounds strange... 

You could even be notified while you're at your cabin on the first day.

14 hours ago, Vlad said:

That sounds strange... 

This happened to us on Odyssey, found out after we were already on the way to the port.  It was no issue.  App had updated to the stateroom, and for the bags we took off the tags we had and got the porter to handwrite the new cabin on a new tag.