Can’t decide which cruise

I prefer a Southern to a Western, but this is probably a personal choice.  That's 2k difference for a party of 2 people or more?

If you're indifferent to itinerary, the 7 is probably a better choice.  If you want more days you can probably B2B with a 3 or 4 nighter with the savings.

I don't know if time is an issue or not but for $2k extra you could do the 7N and maybe a 3/4N side-to-side. I am all for cruising as much as possible. The other factor is where you will be coming from. The flights and hotel cost will also be a factor.

However, Symphony has a better itinerary and possible a better experience. The shows are a bit better than what's available on Harmony, with the exception of Columbus, and Symphony has El Loco Fresh and a Playmakers.

I did the Southern Caribbean in September on the Allure and would definitely do it again and again over the Western Caribbean.  Guess I prefer Aruba and Curacao over Mexico and Honduras.  I also like the fact that the Southern cruise includes Labadee which includes your drink package if you purchase that.

Edited by PPPJJ-GCVAB
Added info

Many cruisers get tired of the Western Caribbean itinerary if they do those stops over and over. Personally, I love the Western Caribbean because I haven't cruised there much. We did Western Caribbean last year in April and we're doing the same itinerary again this April. If you haven't gotten W. Caribbean burnout, they can be fun or relaxing stops. What do you like to do in port?

I don't know if I would pay $2K additional for 1 extra night but that's just me. I do prefer the Southern Caribbean and 8 nights to 7 but I would have to agree with some of the others in that doing a B2B may be a better option for you guys? Whatever you decide - I'm sure it will be the best decision for your family! Have a blast!

Very subjective question.

We're cheap thrifty, so there's no way we would spend $2000 more for one more night regardless of itinerary.  Granted, your cabin needs dictate cost.  We are fine with insides and a balcony is a treat to us.

We recently booked an 8N southern Caribbean in March '25 for $1600 in an aft balcony, and our upcoming 8N on Anthem was only $1184 for an Inside w/virtual.......so you can see why I say no way to an extra night for $2000

So we will have two kids with us 5 and 8 at the time! But both cruise dates are kids sail free at this time. So I guess the price difference is really just counting the first two in the room. And this is looking at grand suites I guess that’s why it is so much.

On harmony a Crown loft suite or owners suite would be an easy possibility bc it’s still cheaper $1300 than the symphony cruise. On symphony we would definitely not book higher then the grand suite.

We did a western Caribbean out of Galveston before but the only same port is Cozumel (perfectly fine going there bc we went there on our honeymoon. And we feel comfortable renting a jeep and going our own thing).

The southern Caribbean sounds great!