Rooms near stairs and/or elevators — Yay or Nay?

Tee

Hi.  I’m looking to book an accessible balcony room (10562) for our 2025 cruise.  I learned this type of room only available near the stairs/elevators for convenience purpose but I have never stayed in a cabin near the stairs before and is concern of the noise.  Anyone has experience with cabins in similar location (on other RCL ships) that you can share and possibly help me before we put down the deposit?  Thank you so much!

26 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

Never an issue for us being near the elevators and because we like the convenience and position on the ship the next three are booked near elevators.

Thank you for your feedback.  So far I haven't heard any negatives so I'm hopeful 🙏

15 hours ago, Tee said:

Hi.  I’m looking to book an accessible balcony room (10562) for our 2025 cruise.  I learned this type of room only available near the stairs/elevators for convenience purpose but I have never stayed in a cabin near the stairs before and is concern of the noise.  Anyone has experience with cabins in similar location (on other RCL ships) that you can share and possibly help me before we put down the deposit?  Thank you so much!

100% yay.  You're far more likely to have noticeable noise bleed from venues above and below your cabin (restaurants, the pool deck, music venues) than from guests in the hall near the elevators.  The elevator adjacent cabins are usually viewed as prime locations!

6 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

100% yay.  You're far more likely to have noticeable noise bleed from venues above and below your cabin (restaurants, the pool deck, music venues) than from guests in the hall near the elevators.  The elevator adjacent cabins are usually viewed as prime locations!

you have this absolutely right from my experience, we book oasis class ship based on proximity to the elevators among other secret reasons.

On 12/31/2022 at 5:05 AM, ChessE4 said:

They are fine, but if you want to force yourself to get some exercise, try amidship between elevators.  We did that recently on the Allure and got a lot of extra exercise, even when we rode the elevator up from dinner or the promenade.

Our son is disabled thus we requested the accessible cabin, with the Icon ship they place all accessible rooms around the stairs/elevators area so I was a bit concern of the foot traffic.  Thanks though! 👍