Royal Caribbean Coffee: is it good?

chy

Hi,

I had some questions about the coffee on RC ships, specifically the Navigator. I have the DBP and want to get the most use out of it by also buying some coffee at the cafe. I know the ships have Starbucks, but i dont want to be paying for that when I've purchased the DBP. Though, I am kind of picky when it comes to coffee. So, i was wondering is it good for the cafe? Do they have ice coffee and things like flavour shots or milk alternatives like oat milk?

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I both thought that the MDR had much better coffee than elsewhere on the ship (Allure, April 2022), ESPECIALLY Windjammer. Promenade was ok. MDR > Promenade > Windjammer (IMO). We had a coffee card and I was so surprised by how much I enjoyed the MDR coffee that we ended up scrambling to use up our punches in the Promenade at the end of the cruise. Since the Promenade now uses Starbucks coffee, I may enjoy it more on our upcoming cruise but personally I hope they didn't change what they were doing in the MDR.

I am not coffee drinker, but the last cruise we were on most of the time my mom would get coffee in the MDR after dinner and she said some nights it was good and some it was ok.  So I guess some of the staff make it better then others or she got a older batch, not really sure.

On 12/19/2022 at 7:00 AM, alaska mcleods said:

Is there oat milk at cafe promenade? Flavored syrups to add?

Haven't ever considered oat milk. I mean we all know what corn milk is, booze. But I did Google oat milk, and I am now inclined to try some. 😎

On 12/17/2022 at 1:22 AM, chy said:

Hi,

I had some questions about the coffee on RC ships, specifically the Navigator. I have the DBP and want to get the most use out of it by also buying some coffee at the cafe. I know the ships have Starbucks, but i dont want to be paying for that when I've purchased the DBP. Though, I am kind of picky when it comes to coffee. So, i was wondering is it good for the cafe? Do they have ice coffee and things like flavour shots or milk alternatives like oat milk?

I like their roast coffee that you can get for free in many places.