Luggage Tags

FYI- Make sure you also have a legit luggage tag that will not come off with updated information (email/cell). Our bag was lost disembarking, and all our tags from RC were gone when our bag was finally found (days later). The lady at the port had no idea which cruise line my bag belonged to bc all the RC tags were gone. Thank God I had a legit luggage tag....still waiting on my bag to be shipped to my house. Bag was lost July 1st. Apple Air Tags for me from now on.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, natalie.gonzalez said:

FYI- Make sure you also have a legit luggage tag that will not come off with updated information (email/cell). Our bag was lost disembarking, and all our tags from RC were gone when our bag was finally found (days later). The lady at the port had no idea which cruise line my bag belonged to bc all the RC tags were gone. Thank God I had a legit luggage tag....still waiting on my bag to be shipped to my house. Bag was lost July 1st. Apple Air Tags for me from now on.

I was an IT consultant that traveled a lot before I retired.  Like 2 or 3 cities each week.  I always put a paper copy of my contact stuff inside my bag. In my case a simple business card (even my carry on).  Anyway, if tags are torn off, they can find contact information in the bag. One business card in one of the outside pockets of the bag and one card inside the main compartment. 

We ALWAYS just put our last names on them.  However, I've always felt uncomfortable about it.  But then, I look at my luggage and every piece of my luggage has an airline tag on them with First, Last name and address on them.  So, I just go ahead and put our last name on the cruise tags.

If you are convinced that you don't need to put your identification information on the bags, I was thinking of just putting your booking # on the tag.  That should identify you even if a last minute room change.  

BTW, we always put a copy of the luggage tag sheet and ticket inside and on top of our luggage.  If we fly, which is doubtful, I would put a copy of my airline ticket inside and on top of my luggage, too.