Reimagined Muster Drill

Yes... when we were waiting to board in the terminal, they actually suggested we complete the first couple of steps before boarding (watch video and listen to the sound of the alert/ship horn).

Once onboard, you'll only need to go to your assigned muster station (indicated in the app) and they will check you in to complete the drill and give you a sticker to place on your SeaPass card. They hand you the sticker as they understand many folks won't have their SeasPass cards just yet.

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Can the (virtual) muster drill be done without being connected to the ship’s WiFi?

I’ve watched the video and listened to the emergency horn (off-ship) but I did not get the “Completed” remark that I’ve gotten onboard.

You have to wait for the briefing to be released. Similar to the health questionnaire, you'll get a notification. Right now you can watch the videos, it just doesn't count yet.

31 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

… they will check you in to complete the drill and give you a sticker to place on your SeaPass card. They hand you the sticker as they understand many folks won't have their SeasPass cards just yet.

Wow! I’ve sailed several times last year and I never got a sticker.

Wow! I’ve sailed several times last year and I never got a sticker.

That's true, we didn't have a sticker when we sailed on Oasis in OCT last year, but this is the green muster drill sticker we received on Odyssey last month... who knows with Royal! 🤣

Don't get me started on the Key sticker... we can't believe they could not update the SetSail pass and SeaPass... we purchased the Key months before the sailing at the same time as our friends. She had the Key logo on both passes, but not us! Too many calls to Royal CS with no resolution. Love their systems!

442472773_IMG_1984(002).thumb.jpg.6667ffc8f1fda0050e73b66027e5dff9.jpg

Can the (virtual) muster drill be done without being connected to the ship’s WiFi?

I’ve watched the video and listened to the emergency horn (off-ship) but I did not get the “Completed” remark that I’ve gotten onboard.

I'm able to start the process now. Maybe it became available at 8am.

Okay, so here’s what I did. Somehow, I needed to force the app to reset/refresh. So I went to another sailing and then went back to my sailing for today (Wonder)

I rewatched the video and played the horn audio and I got the “Completed” mark.

49DA85CE-00AD-490A-8CC4-ACE9AC537BB2.thumb.png.12628924ca4610fc4cedb19b605a7306.png

Same thing happened with the Health Questionnaire yesterday

9 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Okay, so here’s what I did. Somehow, I needed to force the app to reset/refresh. So I went to another sailing and then went back to my sailing for today (Wonder)

I rewatched the video and played the horn audio and I got the “Completed” mark.

49DA85CE-00AD-490A-8CC4-ACE9AC537BB2.thumb.png.12628924ca4610fc4cedb19b605a7306.png

Same thing happened with the Health Questionnaire yesterday

Perfect... now you just need to check in with your muster station once onboard and you're on vacation!

Have a great time!

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

442472773_IMG_1984(002).thumb.jpg.6667ffc8f1fda0050e73b66027e5dff9.jpg

We were also on Odyssey last month and this photo brings up something I was wondering.

What is the deal with the peeling on the Sea Pass cards? My wife had her card replaced at Guest Services by day 4. (BTW, replacing the card meant she no longer had the green sticker, so what is the point of the sticker?)

10 minutes ago, SPS said:

We were also on Odyssey last month and this photo brings up something I was wondering.

What is the deal with the peeling on the Sea Pass cards? My wife had her card replaced at Guest Services by day 4. (BTW, replacing the card meant she no longer had the green sticker, so what is the point of the sticker?)

I know! All of our Sea Pass cards from prior sailings look new!

I agree... what is the point of the sticker... no one checks, it's in their system (they know who hasn't completed muster), and once they're cleared to leave the port it's meaningless.

The sticker was used right after the restart to identify passengers who had not yet gone the muster station.  When the crew were presented a seapass with a sticker, that was their signal to remind that customer it was necessary to reported to their station.

When passengers eventually went to muster, the stickers were supposed to have been removed.

If I was the zookeeper, I would not let passengers scatter when they board. My passengers would not have the choice to anything but go to their muster station and only afterwards could commence their week of overindulging. No stickers, no multiple public address messages, and guaranteed 100% compliance.

49 minutes ago, bobroo said:

The sticker was used right after the restart to identify passengers who had not yet gone the muster station.  When the crew were presented a seapass with a sticker, that was their signal to remind that customer it was necessary to reported to their station.

When passengers eventually went to muster, the stickers were supposed to have been removed.

If I was the zookeeper, I would not let passengers scatter when they board. My passengers would not have the choice to anything but go to their muster station and only afterwards could commence their week of overindulging. No stickers, no multiple public address messages, and guaranteed 100% compliance.

Not last month on our Odyssey sailing. We received them at the muster station only after we checked in to complete the drill. We were all told to hold on to the sticker and to place it in the upper-right corner of our Sea Pass when we actually received them later (when the cabins were available). Also, those stickers are never coming off cleanly.  🤣

I think it was the opposite for us... If you presented a Sea Pass to a crew member without the green sticker it meant you still had to complete muster or walk the plank. Once again, there were no stickers for our Oasis sailing back in OCT.

11 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Once onboard, you'll only need to go to your assigned muster station (indicated in the app) and they will check you in to complete the drill and give you a sticker to place on your SeaPass card. They hand you the sticker as they understand many folks won't have their SeasPass cards just yet.

Wait - when do you get your SeaPass card? Don't you get it when you check in? I can't remember anything from when we last cruised in 2017...

14 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Wait - when do you get your SeaPass card? Don't you get it when you check in? I can't remember anything from when we last cruised in 2017...

You board with your SetSail pass (either in the app or printed) and once your cabin is ready, your actual SeaPass cards will be in an envelope outside your cabin. They usually stick them behind the cabin number plaque/sign outside your cabin.