This is something new (to me at least)

HeWhoWaits

Doing my weekly check to see if any Cruise Planner items are less than what we already paid and stumbled across this:

image.thumb.png.ef1c667c03391e3906e50e989fc526f1.png

A FREE excursion. Checked out and got a message that I only have complimentary items in my cart so no credit card is required.

Details page has this note: "Entrance fee, complimentary beach chair, shower access, and a soft drink are included."

We may or may not want to go to the beach that afternoon, but you can't beat the price!

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I have my confirmation email safely stored as a pdf.

Oh, I would too.

On the original Odyssey inaugural sailing the Cruise Planner had $0 costs for the specialty restaurants which I assumed was a glitch. We still signed up for them just in case!

29 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The same thing wasn't available on another sailing on another ship with a stop in Curaçao that my wife is taking with friends three weeks earlier.

maybe it's a new one they're thinking of adding to rotation so they're giving it away for free to see what feedback is?

What sailing is this on?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

Doing my weekly check to see if any Cruise Planner items are less than what we already paid and stumbled across this:

image.thumb.png.ef1c667c03391e3906e50e989fc526f1.png

A FREE excursion. Checked out and got a message that I only have complimentary items in my cart so no credit card is required.

Details page has this note: "Entrance fee, complimentary beach chair, shower access, and a soft drink are included."

We may or may not want to go to the beach that afternoon, but you can't beat the price!

During last week's price check, the Cas Abao excursion was still available for free. Today it is showing $49 per adult and $39 per child.

Apparently the cancellations are happening for those who thought they lucked in.  Technically if they're giving you an OBC, I guess you did luck in!

Dear Guest,

On February 14th, 2022, we uncovered a glitch in our Cruise Planner system where the Cas Abao Beach & Scenic Drive in Curacao displayed as available to purchase at $0 USD for your sailing. This error has now been resolved, and the tour price has been adjusted to reflect the correct pricing.

As a result, we've cancelled your Cruise Planner reservation for the impacted tour. However, we're providing you with a $20 USD non-refundable Onboard Credit for the inconvenience. You can expect to see the credit reflected on your reservation in 3 business days. Please feel free to use this credit in Cruise Planner to rebook or explore other tours for your sailing.

We're sorry for any confusion caused by this but appreciate your understanding. We can't wait to welcome you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Apparently the cancellations are happening for those who thought they lucked in.  Technically if they're giving you an OBC, I guess you did luck in!

We got the standard Cruise Planner cancellation email but did not receive the info you posted. I'm on the line now hearing this exact info - waiting to find out if it's $20 per cabin OBC (which the rep assumed to be the case) or $20 per person who reserved the excursion.