Jump to content

Checking In as a Family


Recommended Posts

With all the screening being done at check in, what is the convenient way to do it for a group or family?  Would it be better being done as a group or individually?  The screener has to check four documents - SetSail Pass, Covid test results, Passport, and Vaccination Card. I think it would be better if every person in the party had their own documents in hand rather than just one person holding them all.  The exception would be for small kids, of course.  I think even a grade-school kid can handle presenting their documents to the screener, with some briefing at home.  What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh no, you all hold your own stuff!!  Hand it out before & take it back after if necessary but even smallish kids should be able to manage.  Maybe assign an adult to keep an eye on each child but no way I’d be puppy sitting 17 people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Here's how I presented my documents at PortMiami at check-in for Freedom.  I put all the required documents in a rigid document pocket.  It literally took me seconds to go through every screening station.  There were 3-4 of them

What magic is this!?! Seriously though - is there a brand or key word I need to search for? A quick Office Depot search just came up with regular sheet protectors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

What magic is this!?! Seriously though - is there a brand or key word I need to search for? A quick Office Depot search just came up with regular sheet protectors.

I was just at Office Depot today, looking for the DocuSleeve for my friends. The ones they had there were not rigid enough.

This one I have is called the DocuSleeve from Trainers Warehouse.

https://trainerswarehouse.com/awards-recognition/docu-sleeves-8-5-x-11-clear-plastic-document-protector/

Amazon only sells them in bulk

https://www.amazon.com/Set-25-DocU-Pockets-Omni-Stick-backings/dp/B005OR9HOO/ref=sr_1_36?crid=3S6N4BCS4AVZO&dchild=1&keywords=trainers+warehouse+document+holder&qid=1635359387&sprefix=trainers+warehouse+doc%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-36

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe a separate but related to question to checking in a family. 

i usually have a rental car when i get to a port. pre-covid, i would drop the family off at the port with the luggage, return the car, and take the shuttle back.  is this still a sound strategy with the check in times (i have 12-1230 if that matters, and this is for a cruise from port canaveral).  are they able to go into the check-in area without me and get everything rolling (namely the pre cruise test for my 10 year old) until i arrive back?

any related details of which i should be aware?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Here's how I presented my documents at PortMiami at check-in for Freedom.  I put all the required documents in a rigid document pocket.  It literally took me seconds to go through every screening station.  There were 3-4 of them

 

image.thumb.png.d6c469f68c3834be68fb4b9331787260.png

That is AWESOME… running off to ask Mr Bezos to send me some sheet protectors…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hince57 said:

maybe a separate but related to question to checking in a family. 

i usually have a rental car when i get to a port. pre-covid, i would drop the family off at the port with the luggage, return the car, and take the shuttle back.  is this still a sound strategy with the check in times (i have 12-1230 if that matters, and this is for a cruise from port canaveral).  are they able to go into the check-in area without me and get everything rolling (namely the pre cruise test for my 10 year old) until i arrive back?

any related details of which i should be aware?

If there is an adult with them and they have all the required documents, I don't see why they would not be able to get things rolling.

Pre-COVID, I was able to check-in separately from someone I was sharing the stateroom with. I don't see anything in their post-covid protocols that has changed that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moxiegirl1977 said:

That is AWESOME… running off to ask Mr Bezos to send me some sheet protectors…

Make sure to get sturdy, rigid ones.  The flimsy ones will not work unless you reinforce them with some cardboard or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Y'all would be appalled at my "fold into 3rds and stick into the inside pocket of my backpack where they get crimped and slightly torn" method.

#itworkedanyway

I did that while checking in for my Allure sailing.  If it were only one checkpoint, I'd be okay with it.  But after four checkpoints in Port Miami, I said to myself, "NEVER AGAIN, PG, NEVER AGAIN".    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...