Covid tests

Tammy H.

I saw take home tests at CVS... but I don't know how they work or how long they take.  I am sure they are not instant like pregnancy tests.  

Amazon also offers such tests:

• FAST RESULTS WITH EXPRESS RETURN SHIPPING – Includes prepaid UPS next-day shipping to lab at no additional cost. Drop off your sample at UPS within 24 hours from collection. Receive results within 24 hours of your sample arriving at the lab.
  • TRAVEL COMPLIANT – Meets requirements for testing when traveling within the US (except Hawaii), and when traveling from the US to many international locations. Test result documentation provided, download 'Product Documentation' below.

When going on CVS/Walgreens website they offer 3 different Covid tests, PCR, Rapid Antigen and Rapid ID Now.

Rapid Antigen test is hard to find in the location I will be in.  I saw on Q&A section on Royal’s website that they show after scrolling down on Covid test question that they will also except Abbott ID Now Covid test.

Has anyone taken that test for their cruise??  I’m very stressed and confused, when I called Royal to clarify this I got different responses. 

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I used that one from Walgreens. They said up to 24 hours turnaround but I had my results in 25 minutes. Royal accepts it.

Oh thank you so much!!  So you took the Rapid ID Now not the Rapid Antigen and that was ok.  Sorry just double checking because as I said I got different answers from Royal. Thank you!!

9 hours ago, Tammy H. said:

Does Royal Caribbean offer covid tests for those who are flying directly after the cruise and need to show a negative test result?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yes, ask for it onboard at the beginning of the cruise at Guest Services to get it scheduled.

So for a 3 night cruise, can we get the result by debarkation? Also, is there a charge? (Canadian insurance will not cover covid tests for travel purposes) We require a rapid PCR test.

I know that this is way early and it will probably change; however, we will be flying to Amsterdam in August 2022 for our British Isles cruise.  We have to test within 3 days for flying and 2 days before cruising.  We were wanting to go a few days ahead so that we can see Amsterdam.  I wonder if we got the proctored test and used them before our cruise if that would be allowed.  

4 hours ago, whitsmom said:

I know that this is way early and it will probably change; however, we will be flying to Amsterdam in August 2022 for our British Isles cruise.  We have to test within 3 days for flying and 2 days before cruising.  We were wanting to go a few days ahead so that we can see Amsterdam.  I wonder if we got the proctored test and used them before our cruise if that would be allowed.  

As the rules stand right now, yes that would be allowed.

Ordered a couple of tests (as backup) for our Nov and Dec '21 sailings.  Good turn around time. I had them within 2 days of ordering (ordered 21 Sept), but they expire 27 Sep..   Fortunately there is a note on the package stating  shelf life is extended 3 months which gets them to the end of Dec.  My fault for ordering too soon.  Despite the note, will wonder about the effectivity of these tests.

31 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Is there only 2 options for the Home tests  Rccl tests or the BinaxNOW Emed ? is there any other recognized companies that are doing in home tests ?

The RCCL test is the Binax test. Same thing. RCCL distributes it as a convenience, but it can be ordered from EMed (especially if you want to order the 6-pack).  At this time Royal only accepts the proctored BinaxNow test.

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The RCCL test is the Binax test. Same thing. RCCL distributes it as a convenience, but it can be ordered from EMed (especially if you want to order the 6-pack).  At this time Royal only accepts the proctored BinaxNow test.

i was hoping there were more option maybe soon .

5 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

To all the North Florida bloggers, has any found a rapid testing site with appointments available?  I have been searching and appears only PCR test have appointments. I am beginning to think no CVS in Jacksonville area does them? 

Walgreen's does rapid tests.  You can schedule an appointment 2 days prior to your target date of testing. Do it very early in the morning to have more appointments available.  I've been seeing more and more appointments available these days.  The red icon means Rapid Test available

image.thumb.png.960220bf99d5c644642a66c10f4fbc19.png

20 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Walgreen's does rapid tests.  You can schedule an appointment 2 days prior to your target date of testing. Do it very early in the morning to have more appointments available.  I've been seeing more and more appointments available these days.  The red icon means Rapid Test available

image.thumb.png.960220bf99d5c644642a66c10f4fbc19.png

Perfect. That is good news about more and more being available. I was concerned being they only open two days prior. Thanks much 

33 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

Perfect. That is good news about more and more being available. I was concerned being they only open two days prior. Thanks much 

I've been observing the trend for weeks now.  If I see a reduction in available appointments before my October 18th cruise, I'll order tests from eMed or Royal.