I seek Coastal Kitchen

Matt

I'm not looking for a friend. I'm looking for a Suite Master. I seek @Lovetocruise2002

yoda GIF

Many years ago, in a Star Class suite far, far away, I promised @Lovetocruise2002 I would give Coastal Kitchen another try.  I had written it off after some "meh" lunches, but she assured me I should go again, but this time try dinner.

In exchange for this solemn vow to try Coastal Kitchen again, @Lovetocruise2002 enjoyed a few shots of the finest tequila.

Well, now it is time for me to pay the price for this agreement and go back to Coastal Kitchen on Odyssey of the Seas.

GIF by Star Wars

Lovetocruise2002: Will you finish what you begins?

Me: I won't fail you - I'm not hungry.

Lovetocruise2002: Oh, you will be.  You will be.

yoda GIF

So @Lovetocruise2002, what should I know about dinner at CK?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

So @Lovetocruise2002, what should I know about dinner at CK?

For starters, know that I will be shedding quite a few tears! ?

Also, make sure you try dinner there every night.  Each night there is something good.

Some favourites:

- Obviously Filet night, the pork belly is really good too (it's usually an app on filet night)

- Braised beef is a winner (used to be Night 3 but who knows now)

- Lobster also a winner, way better than MDR, except on SY, something was weird with it.

- There is a chocolate bar one night that is fantastic.

And can you believe it's been so long that I cannot remember the rest.  Bottom line, eat there every night and report back!  A promise is a promise.  ?

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For starters, know that I will be shedding quite a few tears! ?

Also, make sure you try dinner there every night.  Each night there is something good.

Some favourites:

- Obviously Filet night, the pork belly is really good too (it's usually an app on filet night)

- Braised beef is a winner (used to be Night 3 but who knows now)

- Lobster also a winner, way better than MDR, except on SY, something was weird with it.

- There is a chocolate bar one night that is fantastic.

And can you believe it's been so long that I cannot remember the rest.  Bottom line, eat there every night and report back!  A promise is a promise.  ?

Ok WAAAYTOO says the MDR lobster is better?!?!  You need to get together and come to a consensus before I need to set my reservations.  Also do not see braised beef?  Do you mean the short ribs?  Inquiring minds want to know!!!

3 hours ago, Pooch said:

Ok WAAAYTOO says the MDR lobster is better?!?!  You need to get together and come to a consensus before I need to set my reservations.  Also do not see braised beef?  Do you mean the short ribs?  Inquiring minds want to know!!!

MDR lobster is very dry.  I imagine that is because it is mass produced.  CK can vary.  SY it was the "orange goop" as Raye describes, but on other ships it was great!  Overall, I would still have to vouch for CK lobster, but if I really had to pick, Chops is the overall winner.

Also, there is Braised Beef Gnocchi and Short Ribs.  Both are delicious.  

Actual communication earlier today...

Twangster: "I should have CK access so between that and a paid Giovanni's I’m not doing UDP."

Matt: "I completely forgot about CK.  We're in a suite."

Now I find this:

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Bottom line, eat there every night and report back!  A promise is a promise. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I guess this is a bad time to mention I bought the UDP....

I shouldn't be surprised.  Never did get that beer he "promised" me before for the 2018 group cruise, or the shirt I won at trivia.

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Actual communication earlier today...

Twangster: "I should have CK access so between that and a paid Giovanni's I’m not doing UDP."

Matt: "I completely forgot about CK.  We're in a suite."

Now I find this:

I shouldn't be surprised.  Never did get that beer he "promised" me before for the 2018 group cruise, or the shirt I won at trivia.

He deserves that Kraken you stole from him in Alaska.  Do me a favour and steal his Kraken again for me lol

I spend way too much time (as opposed to WAAAYTOOO!) looking at dinner menus that have finally populated for Harmony in March.  Trying to keep everyone’s tastes & favorites in mind.  Ok Dad will want CK here but big brother would probably like the Ahi Tuna from MDR.  CK had scallops & gnocchi on lobster night but the 4 lobster eaters won’t want what Raye describes as orange goop so would they send 3-4 tails EACH to CK plus daughter’s lemon & harissa chicken?  I wish I could be a “we’ll decide when we get there” kinda gal.  I’d sleep better!!!

36 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I spend way too much time (as opposed to WAAAYTOOO!) looking at dinner menus that have finally populated for Harmony in March.  Trying to keep everyone’s tastes & favorites in mind.  Ok Dad will want CK here but big brother would probably like the Ahi Tuna from MDR.  CK had scallops & gnocchi on lobster night but the 4 lobster eaters won’t want what Raye describes as orange goop so would they send 3-4 tails EACH to CK plus daughter’s lemon & harissa chicken?  I wish I could be a “we’ll decide when we get there” kinda gal.  I’d sleep better!!!

Yes, they should.  I feel VERY confident that they will do the lobster tails without any problem.  The key is letting them know ahead of time.  Popping it on them without notice will probably cause hesitance.  Yes, you are overthinking it.  LOL

@Matt, if you're a wine drinker you should definitely ask your CK waiter to recommend a wine to pair with your entree. I did the difficult task of relinquishing control and trusting him after the first couple nights, only letting him know what types of wine I typically liked and didn't like so he'd have an idea where to start. He never suggested a wine that I sent back. My first time trying pinot noir was during that week, and I think he also suggested a good white for one of the other nights.

And the UDP is perfectly usable for lunch and second dinner each night, so there you go! You just have to find some other option for breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, and afternoon tea. ?