Australia/NZ Cruising News

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

Understand.. was more referring to stealing Spectrum from China.

It is strange because Royal stated they were moving Spectrum to Singapore for the 2022 season and yet from July through September of this year their website is still showing Spectrum sailing out of China which we know isn't going to happen as China has stated they will not reopen until 2023 at the earliest. Looking at the website Spectrum is scheduled to sail out of Singapore from April through June then October through April of 2023.  So I guess it is possible they could move Spectrum to Australia for 3 months or so, I'm just surprised they canceled some of their Chinese cruises but left the July through September cruises as is.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

Is LNG in ample supply down under?  

An LNG ship might be (more) welcome in the sounds of NZ.  

I don’t know about Tauranga New Zealand thought??

Tauranga is major shipping port and may have ship LNG in the near future.

So Icon is a possibility??

Sydney October to March,Singapore and Shanghai the rest of the year.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:47 PM, mattymay said:

Yeah I understand that.. some of us were just hoping they'd send a spare ship early! 🙂 Wishful thinking..

Voyager???

Voyager I believe was supposed to pick up crew in Cyprus and start soon in the Balkans.

It’s now anchored off cypress with crew and most other lines have canned the Balkans.

30 minutes ago, Chili said:

Voyager???

Voyager I believe was supposed to pick up crew in Cyprus and start soon in the Balkans.

It’s now anchored off cypress with crew and most other lines have canned the Balkans.

The fact they have put out media saying Australia October 2022, I don't think it will happen.

13 hours ago, Chili said:

Voyager???

Voyager is due to do a repo from Barcelona through the Med and on up to Copenhagen, starting on the 15th of April. People booked on it are still waiting for the protocols.

She has a bit of a mixed bag of itineraries with some for the Balkans and others going the other way, out to Norway, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I have family booked on one that does Denmark, Sweden and Norway, so not really expecting that one to change.

14 hours ago, Chili said:

Voyager???

I think if Royal were to cancel Voyager's Balkans cruises they would simply redeploy Voyager elsewhere in Europe perhaps the Norwegian Fjords like some other lines are doing.

To go with your suggestion would force Royal to cancel Voyagers entire Fall Foliage cruises out of Boston and it would also impact (delay) Voyagers arrival in San Juan PR perhaps even cancel quite a few voyages where Voyager is scheduled to do Southern Caribbean roundtrip cruises for the fall/winter 2022-2023 season.  Those Southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan are extremely popular and many times they sell out completely.  I highly doubt Royal would want to cause that kind of disruption to tens of thousands of passengers just to get a ship to Australia before October.  

I wish the Australian government had made this decision earlier.  However, now with the 2022 schedule being set and actively being sold there is nothing Royal can do to get a ship to Australia any earlier without causing major disruptions/ cancellations to thousands of other guest with cruises already booked.

I am so upset, and I hope it is an IT glitch. All Radiance of the Seas departing Sydney Australia have been removed and in fact if you search worldwide, Radiance cruises are blocked out for the whole period it was due to sail our waters. I have/had three booked, which I only booked last week. 

26 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Yep, she's gone!

I am shattered. Favourite ship, better destinations and had booked using casion credits which will be a nightmare to have them moved. 

You know, looking at the costs of Caribbean cruises, I could fly to the US and cruise for around the same. Looks I am going back. The flights and jet lag is the killer so prefer not to. Maybe next week Royal may surprise us and announce a ship shuffle 

6 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

I am so upset, and I hope it is an IT glitch. All Radiance of the Seas departing Sydney Australia have been removed and in fact if you search worldwide, Radiance cruises are blocked out for the whole period it was due to sail our waters. I have/had three booked, which I only booked last week. 

I hope it is an IT glitch as well, I can't image Royal allowing Radiance of the Seas to sit idle from October 2022 through April 30, 2023.