Any Summer 2022 deployment predictions?

Joe01

We're now in September and they should eventually be announcing deployment in the next few months.

I don't feel confident predicting anything given recent events but I imagine that the worst will be long gone by then and cruising will probably be resumed as normal.

Where do we think they will send the ships?

I wonder if Allure will do summer in Europe before coming to Galveston in Nov 2022, I believe that the terminal is supposed to finish in Sept so it would work. They need to have 1 Oasis class doing summer in Barcelona and she seems like the most likely. Harmony & Symphony seem to have appeared on St. Maarten bookings so they'll probably stay in Canaveral & Miami respectively whilst Oasis may return to NJ again. Seems like UK has Anthem again.

8 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I hope Oasis or at least an Oasis class ship stays up with us in NJ. 

Same! I love the idea of doing Oasis from NJ (it's what I would have done this year). Great ship especially post revamp and we much prefer sailing from NJ than Florida coming from Scotland. Shame about this year as I reckon she would have been a definite 'hit' with the NJ market.

5 minutes ago, MelKaps said:

Odyssey will be most likely continue to sail out of Rome to Greece as advertised for 2021.

Seems likely although I was surprised that they selected Rome and Eastern Med for Odyssey as they've never really put a new ship in that region before and the route has only been served by Jewel for the past few years which is half the size of Odyssey. If it's profitable then I see her continuing to spend summers out there.

4 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Same! I love the idea of doing Oasis from NJ (it's what I would have done this year). Great ship especially post revamp and we much prefer sailing from NJ than Florida coming from Scotland. Shame about this year as I reckon she would have been a definite 'hit' with the NJ market.

We tried to sail her twice this year. Original was the very first cruise from NJ, May 10th. I booked it a few days after it went on sail for here in NJ and it was a surprise to my wife and son. I had fake tickets printed out and handed one to them. It was really cool actually, had their names and everything on it. 

Anyway then we got the FCC and tried for Sept and obviously that was a goner. We did a lift and shift to August 22, 2021. ?? 

Good God I missed cruising this year. 

3 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Seems likely although I was surprised that they selected Rome and Eastern Med for Odyssey as they've never really put a new ship in that region before and the route has only been served by Jewel for the past few years which is half the size of Odyssey. If it's profitable then I see her continuing to spend summers out there.

I’ll let you know as I’m on Odyssey October 2021 Italy/Greece. I was stoked it wasn’t an “old” ship! Lol 

I hope that Europe gets better ships in 2022 - the 2021 selection is dire and as I'm not 100% sure if going to the States next year will be allowed, it might mean another no-cruise year. Don't like Quantum Class (and we now have two of them in this side of the world) and I've done Harmony enough times for now (as much as I love her, I'd rather try some other ships for now).

Please bring over either Symphony and/or an amped Oasis/Freedom/Voyager for Summer 2022. ?

18 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I hope that Europe gets better ships in 2022 - the 2021 selection is dire and as I'm not 100% sure if going to the States next year will be allowed, it might mean another no-cruise year. Don't like Quantum Class (and we now have two of them in this side of the world) 

Sorry  but I'm planning on bringing Anthem over in April-May 2021.  What are the chances of being allowed entry in Spain, France and the UK? 

If not,  Alaska in August 2021 might be a good bet.  I will stay onboard the ship if Canada doesn't want me to visit.

I have already written off the ABC islands in January 2021.

5 hours ago, Ray said:

Greenock ???? The only good thing about Greenock is the road heading out of it ???? 

I have a soft spot for the Inverclyde and Ayrshire part of the country plus it's near Glasgow which works for me. I haven't spent much time in Greenock but it has 8 rail stations so there are plenty of ways out even if you don't drive! ?

• 1 month later...