Guest invoices on booking a thing of the past?

Hi all

I recently booked a South Pacific cruise for 2022 (as soon as the itineraries came out here in Australia!) - I figure by then, we'll all be back sailing, even if it may look a little different to what it was in the past.

Previously, once I booked (direct with Royal), I'd get a guest invoice, showing the breakdown of my cruise fare, showing the deposit I'd paid and when the balance would be due.

This time, all I got was an email stating I'd paid a deposit.

Is this the new process?  Or should I be contacting Royal to get my guest invoice?

15 minutes ago, June May said:

Hi all

I recently booked a South Pacific cruise for 2022 (as soon as the itineraries came out here in Australia!) - I figure by then, we'll all be back sailing, even if it may look a little different to what it was in the past.

Previously, once I booked (direct with Royal), I'd get a guest invoice, showing the breakdown of my cruise fare, showing the deposit I'd paid and when the balance would be due.

Is this the new process?  Or should I be contacting Royal to get my guest invoice?

Are you sure there wasn’t a confirmation attached ?  Maybe waaay down at the bottom ?  I received a confirmation email recently and only happened by chance to notice that there was an attachment way at the bottom of the email.  If not, I would certainly contact Royal and demand a written confirmation with fare breakdown.  

59 minutes ago, June May said:

This happened to me on my most recent booking and I didn't get the invoice you're talking about until after I called and was able to get a price reduction. The cruise showed in my CP but I never received any other confirmation. 

Pre covid I always used to get an guest invoice email for cruise bookings and another for each cruise planner purchase. I was finding I would end up with 8-9 copies of the invoice.

Post covid I find I get one when I contact Royal to book a new cruise but when I have used the best price guarantee they just update the price and do not send a new guest invoice. I can only tell they have made the changes I requested by checking the final payment amount has updated. 

Maybe it is a Australia/NZ thing.