QUIZ ON FACE MASKS: WOULD YOU CRUISE AGAIN IF

I know a lot of people who are anti-mask seem to bring up the "proper protocol" as an argument. But I don't buy it....there have to be compromises in this case. We are dealing with something unseen, that is deadly, and can infect people unknowingly. I personally hate wearing mask, it causes me to touch my face more and affects my breathing....but I wear them IF I WANT to do something, that's my price. Nobody and I mean nobody has stated that mask alone will prevent the spread of any virus. It takes proper hand-washing and social distancing. So it doesn't matter if people touch their mask or don't always follow proper removal protocol...as long as they are also washing their hands and keeping a distance.

6 hours ago, L454S said:

If RCI enforces wearing a mask, that's fine. I don't attempt to sway their decision, BUT, I will make sure they know that I won't be spending my money on a "cruise vacation" that includes this requirement. You can go and enjoy yourself, good luck.

How many people do you think on a cruise ship will wear a mask properly, not touch it, replace it several times a day, etc........Your expectations are out of touch with reality.

My guess is that if one cruise line decides to do it the others will do it.  I wouldn't see the industry as a whole having different rules in regards to this virus from ship to ship.  For instance, I doubt Carnival wants another scene where people are trapped at sea on a Princess cruise ship dying.  But, hey, I could be wrong.

How many people do I think will wear a mask?  Well, I think every one would wear a mask if it meant they would be disembarked at the next stop and have to find their own way home.  And FYI, there aren't enough masks for health care workers as evidenced by my own need to recycle the N95 masks that I use.  So my expectations are right on par with reality.  I feel your own misguided beliefs that this is not feasible and passive aggressiveness shows exactly where you stand on this.

@bretts173 One answer is that there is a perceived risk to all viruses.....noro, flu, stomach, COVID for any activity that gathers a bunch of people who value their autonomy. Another truer reason is that people are in a rush. There is still a 100% chance, currently, for catching the virus at restaurants, stores, plane, etc. But people want things to be back to "normal" so most are opening with capacity restrictions and safety protocols.

Any face-mask protocol will only be a short-term thing, it won't be a long-term measure. 

It would be pointless for the cruise industry to do something that train and plane passengers are not doing.

The key action will be pre-boarding testing for C19, and either locked-down excursions, or no excursions.