Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

I am going  on HOS in 28 days , my room  is an ocean  view  balcony.  I have noticed that the price  has dropped $900 for the same cruise with  a large balcony.  Can someone tell me if it is worth  calling RC and asking for some  type of on board  credit or something  else?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you are past final payment date, you will not receive any $$ rebate or OBC however, as Bakerette suggested, you may be able to upgrade to a higher category room for little or no $$ if the price of those higher carptegories have fallen sufficiently and there are rooms available in that category.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TonyK said:

I am going  on HOS in 28 days , my room  is an ocean  view  balcony.  I have noticed that the price  has dropped $900 for the same cruise with  a large balcony.  Can someone tell me if it is worth  calling RC and asking for some  type of on board  credit or something  else?

Why not just cancel and rebook? Given the COVID-19 cancellation policy, couldn't you do that? Best to bring in a TA on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Why not just cancel and rebook? Given the COVID-19 cancellation policy, couldn't you do that? Best to bring in a TA on this one.

Be careful with this..... with the amount of FCC they are going to be processing it could take a month before you get that FCC that you could then apply.  The FCC will also have the cruise you cancelled on it with the sailing and date - many times they will catch this and not allow it to be applied to the same sailing you were on, but a different one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gi333 said:

Tried it already. No luck. Will try again as soon we get closer. 

They should do this for you.  Its called a complimentary upgrade - where you ask for an upgrade knowing that you will not get a refund.  Even in the TA call center we can get someone that is not aware they can do it and we have to call back.... so good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

The FCC will also have the cruise you cancelled on it with the sailing and date - many times they will catch this and not allow it to be applied to the same sailing you were on, but a different one.

Thanks for this heads-up, Annette; I had originally considered doing this, but wondered if that would cause an issue. All the more reason I'm glad I'll be changing dates now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Be careful with this..... with the amount of FCC they are going to be processing it could take a month before you get that FCC that you could then apply.  The FCC will also have the cruise you cancelled on it with the sailing and date - many times they will catch this and not allow it to be applied to the same sailing you were on, but a different one.

See! This is why you use a TA like @AnnetteJackson and Sharla at MEI!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, TonyK said:

I am going  on HOS in 28 days , my room  is an ocean  view  balcony.  I have noticed that the price  has dropped $900 for the same cruise with  a large balcony.  Can someone tell me if it is worth  calling RC and asking for some  type of on board  credit or something  else?

Any luck? Or did you get an upgrade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, TonyK said:

I am going  on HOS in 28 days , my room  is an ocean  view  balcony.  I have noticed that the price  has dropped $900 for the same cruise with  a large balcony.  Can someone tell me if it is worth  calling RC and asking for some  type of on board  credit or something  else?

Since you are cruising between March 15th & April 10th your cruises will be cancelled & you will be issued. Refund in the form of FCC if you don’t call and let them automatically cancel your cruise, but if you call Royal Caribbean & cancel the cruise & ask for the refund to go back to your credit/debit card. According to their website under the COVID-19 travel advisories says that “Royal Caribbean will automatically cancel all cruises between March 15th & April 10 & issue FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...