How does pp credit for Izumi and Playmakers work with UDP

TLowder

How does the per person credit work on Navigator with the UDP for Izumi and Playmakers?

Is it per person, per day?  Or just once per person for the entire cruise.

We will probably eat at Playmakers day 1 for lunch and would like to eat at Izumi once or twice.

Any advice on using these pp credits would be great.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, TLowder said:

Is it per person, per day?  Or just once per person for the entire cruise.

The credit is per person, per visit!  So at Izumi if you have 2 people that's $70!

Playmakers is the same way..it's a credit per visit..I want to say it's $20 or $25 credit for Playmakers.  Either way that's a lot of food!

I was looking at the dining package for November and it says..

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20. Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge,

11 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

I was looking at the dining package for November and it says..

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20. Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge,

Wow! I didnt realize the $10 service charge was applicable to the UDP for Izumi Hibachi. Thought that was the 3 night dining pkg.

Edited by Baked Alaska
Correct spelling. It's hard to type with thumbs on an arc trainer.

1 hour ago, Jason12 said:

When we were on Allure 11/2019, no surcharge was charged to us.  We had Izumi Hibachi on Night 1.  YMMV.

We were on the 12 Jan sailing and had pre-booked Hibatchi before buying the UDP package. Once onboard and we went to book all the dining we wanted I tried to cancel the Hibatchi booking as I said to them I noticed that it was included in the UDP the reply was "the web says yes but on-board says NO", not allowed to include it with the UDP but as the wife really wanted to go we kept the separate booking.

1 minute ago, HighlandBoy said:

We were on the 12 Jan sailing and had pre-booked Hibatchi before buying the UDP package. Once onboard and we went to book all the dining we wanted I tried to cancel the Hibatchi booking as I said to them I noticed that it was included in the UDP the reply was "the web says yes but on-board says NO", not allowed to include it with the UDP but as the wife really wanted to go we kept the separate booking.

Sounds like bait and switch, to me. Too harsh? I don't know. I guess if you have the CP confirmation in hand, they could give you a refund, but that's not the point, IMHO.

7 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Sounds like bait and switch, to me. Too harsh? I don't know. I guess if you have the CP confirmation in hand, they could give you a refund, but that's not the point, IMHO.

That's how it felt as I would have been happy to take refund as OBC but told definite NO. Had the screenshot showing that it was included but no luck. As I said wife really wanted to go so kept the original booking. Just made up for it by doing a visit to Izumi as well ?

15 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

That's how it felt as I would have been happy to take refund as OBC but told definite NO. Had the screenshot showing that it was included but no luck. As I said wife really wanted to go so kept the original booking. Just made up for it by doing a visit to Izumi as well ?

Even the screen shot! Wowzers!

The first time we were there they charged us for the difference of what we went over.  Each visit after that on the same cruise they never charged us, possibly because of the extra tip we left or maybe we had so much fun chatting and laughing with the staff.  I did notice on one day it showed we visited 2 times but we had only been there once.  Maybe because the Ulitmate dining they showed we had gone two separate times. 

2 hours ago, Chadster said:

Not to sound dense, but is "Izumi Hot Rocks" on Grandeur the same as "Izumi Hibachi", and is there a "separate" Izumi where I can just enjoy sushi/etc. (and the $35pp credit without the up-charge)?

As far as i understand they are two different things, Hibachi is where there is a chef interacting with a small group and cooking on a hot plate, Hot Rocks is where they take the rocks to you and you cook your own pieces of food on it. Sorry not been on Grandeur so not sure if there is a separate Izumi.

57 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The Grandeur Izumi has hot rocks but does not have hibachi.

Thanks for the clarification!

59 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

As far as i understand they are two different things, Hibachi is where there is a chef interacting with a small group and cooking on a hot plate, Hot Rocks is where they take the rocks to you and you cook your own pieces of food on it. Sorry not been on Grandeur so not sure if there is a separate Izumi.

Thanks a ton...this is what I thought, but I can be a bit dim sometimes!