Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DanielB

What am I missing?

Recommended Posts

January 12- 19th Oasis of the Seas cruise

  • January 9th- Hair cut and stay at Embassy Suites at CMH airport for free parking and early flight
  • January 10th- 5:40a flight from CMH-ATL 8:38 ATL-MIA arrive 10:31a
  • Hotel on 10th and 11th Hilton Downtown Miami (junior suite, bay view room).  Using metro to get from Airport to hotel.
    • No plans either day, just explore on own.  Groupon has a bay view cruise that looks interesting and not expensive.  May go to Publix for wine (Slices Sangria).  
  • January 12th- Board Oasis, arrive to Terminal around 10a via Lyft 
    • All Access Tour onboard.  No other plans but relaxing.  
  • January 19th 11:16a from for MIA- will do express walk off and Lyft to airport.

Any suggestions on not to miss food downtown?  We love Mexican (hot and spicy), not sure how adventurous we will be as we are not city folk.  But either Metro, walk or Lyft.  I understand Brickell is a great place to explore as well as the Bayfront Market area.  We collect Christmas ornaments so will need one for Miami and Labadee as we have been to the other ports.

Does the ship have Splenda?  Not yellow packs, true splenda.  I hate to pack my own if they do have it.

Anything else I am forgetting?

Thanks in advance for everyones help.  You have all been most welcoming and I look forward to being able to answer some questions when I return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mworkman said:

image.jpeg.03618c8c5faee518221da0054cc5f445.jpeg For tips. I find it’s easier to pick up a bundle, than to go down to guest services and get change. Come in handy for porters and crew that you deem worthy of it.

I usually go to the bank for a bundle of singles, that way I'm not worrying about "do I have enough to tip" along the way ... Taxi, Porter's, whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DanielB said:

Does the ship have Splenda?  Not yellow packs, true splenda.  I hate to pack my own if they do have it.

Is there any reason why it has to be Splenda?  I’m pretty sure the “yellow packs” are Sucralose which is the generic name for Splenda.

This is what they had on the Empress

21CF00AD-F95F-4CA6-95FC-79A430CBED21.thumb.jpeg.62137a9dae3132ef082b2e47d6f13de5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Is there any reason why it has to be Splenda?  I’m pretty sure the “yellow packs” are Sucralose which is the generic name for Splenda.

 

I'm a bariatric patient and anything but Splenda makes me sick.  I have tried the unbranded and have gotten sick as the there is more sucralose in those, or my dietitian claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, DanielB said:

January 12- 19th Oasis of the Seas cruise

  • January 9th- Hair cut and stay at Embassy Suites at CMH airport for free parking and early flight
  • January 10th- 5:40a flight from CMH-ATL 8:38 ATL-MIA arrive 10:31a
  • Hotel on 10th and 11th Hilton Downtown Miami (junior suite, bay view room).  Using metro to get from Airport to hotel.
    • No plans either day, just explore on own.  Groupon has a bay view cruise that looks interesting and not expensive.  May go to Publix for wine (Slices Sangria).  
  • January 12th- Board Oasis, arrive to Terminal around 10a via Lyft 
    • All Access Tour onboard.  No other plans but relaxing.  
  • January 19th 11:16a from for MIA- will do express walk off and Lyft to airport.

Any suggestions on not to miss food downtown?  We love Mexican (hot and spicy), not sure how adventurous we will be as we are not city folk.  But either Metro, walk or Lyft.  I understand Brickell is a great place to explore as well as the Bayfront Market area.  We collect Christmas ornaments so will need one for Miami and Labadee as we have been to the other ports.

Does the ship have Splenda?  Not yellow packs, true splenda.  I hate to pack my own if they do have it.

Anything else I am forgetting?

Thanks in advance for everyones help.  You have all been most welcoming and I look forward to being able to answer some questions when I return.

I am also staying at the Hilton Downtown March 5-7, before our cruise on Symphony.  How was your stay?  We plan on going to Little Havana and South Beach on Friday as well as the Dollar Store and the grocery store for wine and water to take on the cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HAK1906 said:

I am also staying at the Hilton Downtown March 5-7, before our cruise on Symphony.  How was your stay?  We plan on going to Little Havana and South Beach on Friday as well as the Dollar Store and the grocery store for wine and water to take on the cruise. 

It was great!  We had a Junior Suite Bayview on the 17th floor and it was amazing.  Now in all honesty the rooms are a little aged to Hilton standards but clean and was worth the price we paid.  I tried to get a room there for my cruise this weekend but with the boat show in town the room was over $400.  I also plan to stay there in December with the family before our cruise.  The free MetroMover is right beside the hotel and takes you many places free.  Very simple to use and FREE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...