Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Thank you Matt! Just booked Oasis!


Recommended Posts

I just wanted to say thank you to Matt for pointing me to a great travel agent, MEI is just great to work with. I had a hell of a time finding a good TA and these guys were excellent, John and Melissa both were amazing. Booked Oasis from NJ to Florida/Bahamas May 10 2020. We booked a very unique room, Central Park interior view. We wanted to do a bit less expensive on this one and this was perfect. Great price and natural sun light from the window, plus peaceful views of Central Park. So I am super happy, gonna surprise my wife and our son tomorrow with the template tickets I saw on here. So again thank you Matt and I'm very excited about sailing Oasis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I just wanted to say thank you to Matt for pointing me to a great travel agent, MEI is just great to work with. I had a hell of a time finding a good TA and these guys were excellent, John and Melissa both were amazing. Booked Oasis from NJ to Florida/Bahamas May 10 2020. We booked a very unique room, Central Park interior view. We wanted to do a bit less expensive on this one and this was perfect. Great price and natural sun light from the window, plus peaceful views of Central Park. So I am super happy, gonna surprise my wife and our son tomorrow with the template tickets I saw on here. So again thank you Matt and I'm very excited about sailing Oasis.

Awesome! We're so jealous! You all will have an amazing time for sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Awesome! We're so jealous! You all will have an amazing time for sure!

Thank you, I'm so excited. I can't fly, I have a serious phobia or lets just say fear of flying so Oasis coming here to NJ is the only way I would be able to sail on an Oasis class ship. Plus RCI is putting 160 million bucks into her before she comes here. Oh man beyond excited!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thank you, I'm so excited. I can't fly, I have a serious phobia or lets just say fear of flying so Oasis coming here to NJ is the only way I would be able to sail on an Oasis class ship. Plus RCI is putting 160 million bucks into her before she comes here. Oh man beyond excited!

I know! We’re also trying hard to figure out a way to take advantage of her time here!

A big bonus is sailing through New York harbor past the Freedom Tower and southern tip of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island... finally cruising under the Verrazano Bridge!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I know! We’re also trying hard to figure out a way to take advantage of her time here!

A big bonus is sailing through New York harbor past the Freedom Tower and southern tip of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island... finally cruising under the Verrazano Bridge!

Yes, its all gonna be great. We have plenty of time to find out the best place for sail away! I'm thinking maybe Acuatheater but more experienced Oasis passengers will correct us if its not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oasis coming here to NJ is the only way I would be able to sail on an Oasis class ship

We did our first Oasis class ship last month on Symphony. You are going to love your ship. The most amazing thing is how big it is and yet never feels crowded.

Happy Sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skid said:

We did our first Oasis class ship last month on Symphony. You are going to love your ship. The most amazing thing is how big it is and yet never feels crowded.

Happy Sailing.

Thank you, that's what I have heard over and over, it never feels crowded. I'm so excited and it's 300+ days out. 😭 Luckily we have Anthem is Sept to help our cruise addiction. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yes, its all gonna be great. We have plenty of time to find out the best place for sail away! I'm thinking maybe Acuatheater but more experienced Oasis passengers will correct us if its not?

I am fond of the area that will be near the entrance for the Abyss slide and over by the Flowriders.  It's high up and at the back of the ship.  I enjoyed sail away from Cozumel up there on Symphony.  The Aquatheater doesn't have a great view in the theater itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I am fond of the area that will be near the entrance for the Abyss slide and over by the Flowriders.  It's high up and at the back of the ship.  I enjoyed sail away from Cozumel up there on Symphony.  The Aquatheater doesn't have a great view in the theater itself.

Thank you so much for the tip. Any tips are great tips. I only know what I know about Oasis class ships from YouTube videos so any first have info or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thank you so much for the tip. Any tips are great tips. I only know what I know about Oasis class ships from YouTube videos so any first have info or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

You can get tons of recent info from the live blogs from last month from me on Symphony here and from @JohnK6404 on Allure here. Both are Oasis class ships. For Oasis of the Seas, but on a European itinerary, see @Traveler's live blog here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danielle OG said:

I, too, am afraid of flying which is why I booked a cruise in the first place. I wanted to be able to see the Bahamas without ever stepping foot onto a plane! And now I will for the first time ever in November 🙂

Same with me. I know flying is the safest way to travel but I watch "Air disasters" on The Smithsonian channel too much. I would feel claustrophobic and probably cause and incident. Best to stay on the ground, on steel wheels and rails [trains] or on the high seas [cruise ships].  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Excellent suggestion, taking in all the info I can and then have to ask again in 300+ days because I forgot by then. 🤣

I’m so bad about this...I ask questions, get them answered, forget the answers, can’t find where they were answered, repeat the question.  People here are great about being patient...no question can be asked too many times!!  Jane

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I’m so bad about this...I ask questions, get them answered, forget the answers, can’t find where they were answered, repeat the question.  People here are great about being patient...no question can be asked too many times!!  Jane

I hope so, because closer to sailing I will be asking questions again.😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...