Jump to content

The Key And check in time,


Kpak
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are first time cruisers and decided to purchase “the key “ for our 7 night eastern Caribbean symphony of the seas cruise in August. We have checked in on line and the first time option it gave us was 12 o’clock. I thought I read that with the key we get early embarkation.  Any ideas what we need to do? Do we just  turn up early and point this out to someone or do we email about this before we arrive?

TIA

Keely  and Bruce 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes.  Just show up whenever you want.  Those check-in times are fake news.  They do it to try and control the check-in crowds but they do not enforce those times.  I’d recommend arriving at the port around 10:30.  That will give you plenty of time to enjoy your Chops (or Jamie’s) embarkation lunch.  Happy sailing !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Kpak said:

We are first time cruisers and decided to purchase “the key “ for our 7 night eastern Caribbean symphony of the seas cruise in August. We have checked in on line and the first time option it gave us was 12 o’clock. I thought I read that with the key we get early embarkation.  Any ideas what we need to do? Do we just  turn up early and point this out to someone or do we email about this before we arrive?

TIA

Keely  and Bruce 

2 hours ago, Skid said:

@Kpak,  bring a copy of the confirmation email or the cruise planner order history. If yours is like ours was, the set sail pass does not show any Key purchase membership. You may need to show your confirmation along with the set sail pass to take advantage of the priority boarding perk. Happy sailing!

 Yes! Yes! Yes!

I believe you are sailing out of Miami, but still make sure your SetSail pass reflects the Key to be safe. We had problems in the waiting area (Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades) with the terminal employees because our printed SetSail pass (from the RC website) and digital SetSail pass did not reflect the Key. Even after I showed them proof of the purchase printed from the Cruise Planner, they gave us a hard time. Only after we were persistent and spoke with yet another terminal employee did they let us through to board the ship.

Have a great time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the latest Royal App update the key now shows on your digital SetSail Pass so it should not be a problem.  The Key shows just below your name.

I usually travel only with digital passes for airlines hotels, and rental cars, but I will print passes for this trip just in case there are issues.  I have read on this blog a few times people having trouble at check in.  I want my first cruise on Royal to run smoothly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my last cruise I had the Key Program out of Lauderdale. I too had a 1200 show, which I treated more like a suggestion than a rule, so I ended up at the port at 1030 and looked for the sign that showed the Key entrance...we were probably the first 10 in the line, (not really a line) and checked in within 2 minutes, my wife needed a new picture, and went up to the Key area within 5 minutes - easy-peasy. Was on the ship by 1115 and embarked just behind Pinnacles and Suites. Was at Chops by 1200 and had a very nice lunch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rjac said:

Does his work on the Anthem? Thanks. :27_sunglasses:

Anthem still uses the old APP RoyalIQ , which I don't think has the electronic Set Sail pass.

When I open the APP it doesn't really show me anything, tells me I have to be connected to the ship WiFi for it to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KenCP said:

With the latest Royal App update the key now shows on your digital SetSail Pass so it should not be a problem.  The Key shows just below your name.

I usually travel only with digital passes for airlines hotels, and rental cars, but I will print passes for this trip just in case there are issues.  I have read on this blog a few times people having trouble at check in.  I want my first cruise on Royal to run smoothly

I just emailed customer service at RC if you state The Key should show up on the setsail pass because I am not seeing it on my pass for my upcoming sailing. Trying to avoid any issues when I do priority boarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, marcg125 said:

I just emailed customer service at RC if you state The Key should show up on the setsail pass because I am not seeing it on my pass for my upcoming sailing. Trying to avoid any issues when I do priority boarding.

@marcg125 this is how it shows up on your SetSail Pass.

Screenshot_20190621_093622.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Skid just posted this so it may help with what options are available on what ship with the Royal App.  If your key is not showing up and it is suppose to, just call RCI and have them check it out for you.

I hate taking papers as a back up that is the whole point of the digital age.  I will be traveling in Europe for a month, I will need and extra bag just for confirmations, and that is not going to happen.  LOL

royal app.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KenCP said:

@marcg125 this is how it shows up on your SetSail Pass.

 

Customer service emailed me back stating that I checked in using the app instead of my computer which is why the symbol is not showing up but they confirmed my purchase of The Key. I will print out that email and use it if problems arise when I go through priority boarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, marcg125 said:

Customer service emailed me back stating that I checked in using the app instead of my computer which is why the symbol is not showing up but they confirmed my purchase of The Key. I will print out that email and use it if problems arise when I go through priority boarding.

weird, I checked in using the App so I could upload my picture and mine showed the key.  I used the App so I would not have to get a picture taken later, or upload one.  Glad iut worked out for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, marcg125 said:

Customer service emailed me back stating that I checked in using the app instead of my computer which is why the symbol is not showing up but they confirmed my purchase of The Key. I will print out that email and use it if problems arise when I go through priority boarding.

 

4 minutes ago, KenCP said:

weird, I checked in using the App so I could upload my picture and mine showed the key.  I used the App so I would not have to get a picture taken later, or upload one.  Glad iut worked out for you.

And to make it weirder, I checked in on my computer (and uploaded the picture there) and never got the Key symbol there or on the mobile app.  I had to follow up like @marcg125 did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. We have got the key showing on our pass so that’s good. We had Jamie’s reserved for us rather than chops but despite contacting customer services it seems we can’t change this as it’s a random allocation. 

We have been told to contact customer services on embarkation day to try and change to chops but we’re a little disappointed with this. 

 

Still very excited about our first cruise. 

Thanks for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kpak said:

Thanks everyone. We have got the key showing on our pass so that’s good. We had Jamie’s reserved for us rather than chops but despite contacting customer services it seems we can’t change this as it’s a random allocation. 

We have been told to contact customer services on embarkation day to try and change to chops but we’re a little disappointed with this. 

 

Still very excited about our first cruise. 

Thanks for the help.

I think you'd be much better off going directly to Chops. If they can fit you in, they probably will. Worst that can happen is that you then go to Jamie's. Customer service will be packed. Not worth the time or effort in this case. Just my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skid said:

think you'd be much better off going directly to Chops. If they can fit you in, they probably will. Worst that can happen is that you then go go Jamies. Customer service will be packed. Not worth the time or effort in this case. Just my opinion.

My thoughts too re customer services but didn’t think about going directly to Chops. Thanks for that idea.  We will try Chops and if no joy go to Jamie’s . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, divingaggie said:

Hi everyone--I have a question that I haven't found an answer for yet. We've booked a cruise on Liberty OTS for March, and when I go to my cruise planner, I don't see an option for the Key. Do you know if that doesn't show up as an option until closer to the cruise?  

It's just too early.  Keep checking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...