Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Why Is My Cruise Planner Dining Open So Early?


Recommended Posts

I checked my cruise planner today to discover that the dining options had opened up for our Oct 2020 cruise to Greece.

That's 492 days out!

I'm not complaining. Just shocked that it's so early. It didn't open on our last cruise until like 180 out.

For those frequent cruisers out there. Doesn't this seem awful early?

So, of course I did what all crazed cruisers do. I booked everything already!

Now the constant watch begins to rebook if and when the prices drop!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar situation when Harmony first sailed.  I had a cruise booked on Harmony for many months before it actually started sailing and the dining options appeared for that cruise very, very early.  There is just no way to predict when such things will be published.  Best just to accept the inconsistency and be happy when you get an early one !

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I had a similar situation when Harmony first sailed.  I had a cruise booked on Harmony for many months before it actually started sailing and the dining options appeared for that cruise very, very early.  There is just no way to predict when such things will be published.  Best just to accept the inconsistency and be happy when you get an early one !

 

16 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Jamie's opened for reservation for my Feb 2020 cruise last week. Just Jamie's.  Nothing else, lol.

I'm definitely happy. Sooner the better for me. As far as I can tell the only things not available yet are The Key and Royal Up. The later for obvious reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're 425 days out (late July 2020), (beverage packages have been available for several weeks) so I just looked, and dining is open on mine too.  For our Jan Anthem cruise, I don't think anything was available anywhere near that soon, even MTD which we had opted for on that cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

We're 425 days out (late July 2020), (beverage packages have been available for several weeks) so I just looked, and dining is open on mine too.  For our Jan Anthem cruise, I don't think anything was available anywhere near that soon, even MTD which we had opted for on that cruise.

Beverage packages, spa, internet, etc have been open for awhile on ours as well. Just surprised to see dining open so early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FManke said:

Beverage packages, spa, internet, etc have been open for awhile on ours as well. Just surprised to see dining open so early.

Well, I've never booked so far out before, so I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I do remember certain things not being available even 6 months out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest toodle68

Same.. I was surprised that MTD was open for our June 2020 cruise..  I just wish you can book more than 1 night of MTD at a time. You have to book 1, complete order, book another. At least they don't require your full address and contact info any more..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toodle68 said:

Same.. I was surprised that MTD was open for our June 2020 cruise..  I just wish you can book more than 1 night of MTD at a time. You have to book 1, complete order, book another. At least they don't require your full address and contact info any more..

I did figure out a way to add MTD more than 1 at a time for my Jan 2019 cruise, but can't remember how  --- I think there was a place to "repeat" the reservation.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

I just wish you can book more than 1 night of MTD at a time. You have to book 1, complete order, book another. At least they don't require your full address and contact info any more..

Isn't that a complete PITA ?  I can't believe that they can't overcome this insurmountable technical mountain !  Oh wait....I forgot.  This is RCCL IT that we're talking about.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest toodle68
1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Isn't that a complete PITA ?  I can't believe that they can't overcome this insurmountable technical mountain !  Oh wait....I forgot.  This is RCCL IT that we're talking about...

I recent'y gave RC some feedback on their website. They said during the big upgrade 18? months ago that there will moving to 'agile' and being able to release quicker and better and yet here with are with less options than we used to have.  They have removed the maps, there is no compare, No cost/owed amount updates, you can't easily open up cruises in a new tab and if you use the day slider when exploring a cruise, it gray's out the background.

So of course, that feedback will be ignored.. however, I am at a work conference in a couple of weeks and I see a session by an IT Architect from RC talking about how they averted a production issue by doing some testing (seriously) and I just want to ask 'How would you even know something is not working?'  Have you used the website?  

I just don't know how to phase it so I don't sound like an ass 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 1:13 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Isn't that a complete PITA ?  I can't believe that they can't overcome this insurmountable technical mountain !  Oh wait....I forgot.  This is RCCL IT that we're talking about.....

 

On 5/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, toodle68 said:

Same.. I was surprised that MTD was open for our June 2020 cruise..  I just wish you can book more than 1 night of MTD at a time. You have to book 1, complete order, book another. At least they don't require your full address and contact info any more..

See my post above this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on Harmony in January and dining has been open for quite some time now.  I tried to book MTD for 5:30 but the earliest that can be booked is 6:30.  I've never had that issue before.  There are several of us that want to have dinner together a few nights and this was always the easiest way to make our reservations.  I hope this changes before our cruise so we can get the early time for the few nights our group wants to dine together.    We did not want to schedule early dining since several of the group will do dinner later and I am in a GS and will have dinner in CK a few times.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...