tiffrobyn

Gty Stateroom Assignment

Booked a GTY balcony for Navigator 4 day on 2-10-20 back in early Sept of 2019.  Deck 8 and Muster B07 showed up a couple weeks ago, but still no room assignment.  Just over 20 days out now.  Will let you know when room becomes final.

Just now, kelliejkunz said:

I booked a GTY Ocean-View Balcony on Symphony. Received my room assignment 36 days before sailing. We were upgraded to a Grand Suite 1-Bedroom!! This was our first (hopefully of many) cruise on Royal and now I am spoiled by having the Sky Class perks.

Wow! Score! Enjoy it..... Its all downhill from there. 😂

This is so cool seeing the results everyone is ending up with in choosing GTY! 

We just selected GTY for the first time! We're still at the "interior level" but hey, maybe it will be upgraded to a tiny view lol! It will be on Odyssey of the Seas 2021, so I'm sure it will be awhile before we get an assignment. We also booked a cruise this month for a sailing in May 2020 on Indy, and we asked about GTY but they were actually not available which I thought was interesting. I kinda liked rolling the dice and seeing where we'll end up, especially on Odyssey next year! We never have a preference on where we're at, we feel like we're not in the room enough to care, and when we are, we're passed out hard from all the fun! 

Good luck to all of you waiting to see where you'll end up!

17 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I kinda liked rolling the dice and seeing where we'll end up!

I felt this way too...anticipation is fun. 

18 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

We never have a preference on where we're at, we feel like we're not in the room enough to care, and when we are, we're passed out hard from all the fun! 

Feel this way, also.  We view the room as a place to crash, and nothing more. 

Welcome to the boards!  

1 hour ago, kelliejkunz said:

I booked a GTY Ocean-View Balcony on Symphony. Received my room assignment 36 days before sailing. We were upgraded to a Grand Suite 1-Bedroom!! This was our first (hopefully of many) cruise on Royal and now I am spoiled by having the Sky Class perks.

Great news, enjoy. However it probably will never happen again.:8_laughing:

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Probably too soon still.

Oh no ... this is much too easy.  I hope everyone gets the joke.  Still, it is like Larry Walker facing a Single A pitcher.  I hope everyone will forgive me ...

I don't think you meant ... "Probably too soon still".

I think you meant ... "WAAAYTOOO soon still"

😉

Curt from Canada

We booked an interior guarantee on Mariner on December 14 for the January 10 sailing. Received an interior assignment on December 27, two weeks out.

Booked an ocean view balcony guarantee on Harmony for April 12, still not assigned, 80 days out today. I’ll update once we hear.

We saved hundreds on both so totally worth it to us. If it were closer in price I’d prefer to choose my room location, but as others have said, it’s fun to roll the dice and see what you get too!

8 hours ago, bobbydx said:

Just got my interior gty room assigned. 31 days until cruise and it ended up being a interior room. My room is on deck 7 where my set sail pass originally showed before assignment.

Thank you  ... I just added this data (with some others from before).  Here is the up to date version. 

There are definitely 3 inflection points (over 100, 30 and 10).

image.png.7b501c7caff1642315dc3bfbe6cea590.png

Curt from Canada

On 1/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, Curt From Canada said:

Limited data set ... still it tells the story that:

1) A few get a very, very early assignment.

2) If you are under 100 days out with no assignment, you are in for a wait.

3) Getting assigned with less than 10 days out is rare.

I will add to the data as more rolls in.

Curt from Canada

image.png.e2b2dd0240550f19c4a7674d29e53969.png

This is really good stuff, but if you could plot dates (potentially on different charts depending on itinerary region) I think it'd be more telling.  This is because lines move around rooms to facilitate better lead pricing, and that need is tied closely with how quickly a ship is filling up (and of course, how quickly specific categories are filling up).  There is forecasting which takes care of a lot of the pricing up to this point, but GTY moves allow them to do some real-time tweaking, and it seems likely you'd see some real differences in how this works for a dog sailing vs a popular one.  Granted, the data set could be limited for more successful sailings, as fewer GTYs will be sold (though some still will be, b/c that ability to manipulate lead pricing is valuable on any sailing that has space).

1 hour ago, monorailmedic said:

This is really good stuff, but if you could plot dates (potentially on different charts depending on itinerary region) I think it'd be more telling.  This is because lines move around rooms to facilitate better lead pricing, and that need is tied closely with how quickly a ship is filling up (and of course, how quickly specific categories are filling up).  There is forecasting which takes care of a lot of the pricing up to this point, but GTY moves allow them to do some real-time tweaking, and it seems likely you'd see some real differences in how this works for a dog sailing vs a popular one.  Granted, the data set could be limited for more successful sailings, as fewer GTYs will be sold (though some still will be, b/c that ability to manipulate lead pricing is valuable on any sailing that has space).

100% agree.  There are a number of dimensions that I would like to explore ... long term.  This is the easiest, and I was surprised at how little data was telling a plausible story ... some early assignments, but most close in and (overall) 40% of very close in (under 20 days) are assigned. I thought I would need a larger data set.

I am now 27 days out with no assignment (I expect between 10 and 19). 

Still thinking about the dimensions of a longer term data set ... watch this space.

Curt from Canada

I’m sailing on Liberty of the Seas March 1, we booked GTY balcony. We have 2 Royal Up offers in, 32 days out no room assignment. On our edocs we have Deck 14 listed, and on Set Sail Pass Muster D29, if I place the deck with the muster station that gives us a good chance of getting our upgrade! 

We are booked on the Oasis March 8. Initially booked an inside stateroom but just before final payment was due we upgraded to a GTY Oceanview balcony.  We are 38 days out and still no room assigned.  Set sail pass says Deck 11 and Muster C02 on the mobile app...So I added it to my apple wallet on my IPone just out of curiosity...On the bottom of the bar code is a list of numbers...all names in this GTY room all end in 11570...I then added my friends set sail passes to the apple wallet and they already know their room...Their numbers under the bar code is their room number....

I hope Im on to something lol....

10 minutes ago, Steph622 said:

We are booked on the Oasis March 8. Initially booked an inside stateroom but just before final payment was due we upgraded to a GTY Oceanview balcony.  We are 38 days out and still no room assigned.  Set sail pass says Deck 11 and Muster C02 on the mobile app...So I added it to my apple wallet on my IPone just out of curiosity...On the bottom of the bar code is a list of numbers...all names in this GTY room all end in 11570...I then added my friends set sail passes to the apple wallet and they already know their room...Their numbers under the bar code is their room number....

I hope Im on to something lol....

It's been reported that this is a hack for figuring out the assignment before they release it..so I would expect you've been assigned this one.  

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's been reported that this is a hack for figuring out the assignment before they release it..so I would expect you've been assigned this one.  

Fingers crossed!!

I thought I was being Mrs Smarty Pants...haha 

There is always someone who's just as curious!

Thanks for the comment Ashley