Welcome to the first week of 2022, and here is your look at all of the Royal Caribbean news you might have missed in the past week.
Unfortunately, this past week was dominated by Covid-19 related news and the impact of the Omicron variant on the industry.
The major headline came from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) raising the warning level for going on a cruise ship back up to its highest level.
Based on the increase in Covid cases due to the Omicron variant, the CDC made a recommendation against going on any cruise ship, regardless of vaccination status.
According to the CDC, the virus that causes Covid-19 spreads easily between people in close quarters on board ships, and the chance of getting Covid-19 on cruise ships is very high, even if you are fully vaccinated and have received a Covid-19 vaccine booster dose.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean sets expectations for impact Omicron can have on cruise ships with email to passengers
- Royal Caribbean says Omicron variant fears have only had a short-term effect on bookings
- Why you need to be flexible if you want to go on a cruise right now
- Oceanview vs Balcony staterooms on a Royal Caribbean cruise
- CDC investigation of Royal Caribbean cruise ship with Covid-19 cases on it reveal only mild symptoms
- Royal Caribbean will cover cost of international passenger Covid tests in January
- 'Glad we decided to stay on this cruise' says passenger on Royal Caribbean ship this week
- Royal Caribbean app walkthrough and tips
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Matt and Billy try their best to make predictions at a few things that they want if they could wish for it in the coming year.
New RCB Video: How to do the at-home Covid-19 test Royal Caribbean accepts!
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video — How to do the at-home Covid-19 test Royal Caribbean accepts! — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Navigator of the Seas Live Blog
In case you missed it, Matt was live on Navigator of the Seas for a 7-night Mexican Riviera cruise.
Everyday of the cruise, Matt shared a look at what happened onboard and onshore. This was also the first full sailing with Royal Caribbean's stricter new protocols.
You can catch up on what it's like to be on a cruise ship with all of the updates:
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 1 - Embarkation Day
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 2 - Sea Day
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 3 - Cabo San Lucas
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 4 - Mazatlan
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 5 - Puerto Vallarta
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 6 - Sea Day
- Navigator of the Seas Live Blog - Day 7 - Sea Day