Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 2, 2020
Can you believe August is already here? It is the middle of Summer and there is a lot of Royal Caribbean news to catch up from during this week.
Royal Caribbean announced this week it has hired Dr. Calvin Johnson to serve as the cruise line's first ever Chief Medical Officer.
This new role will tackle the needs of the global health and wellness policy, manage its public health and clinical practice, and determine the strategic plans and operations of its global healthcare organization.
In addition, Dr. Johnson will collaborate with the Healthy Sail Panel to ensure the company establishes and implements its protocols and recommendations.
Royal Caribbean News
- Despite rumors online, Royal Caribbean has not sold Empress of the Seas.
- Royal Caribbean's parent company has renamed itself (and dropped the word cruise from the name).
- Artist renderings for a new sports deck design appeared online.
- Royal Caribbean is working on a new main dining room menu.
- Royal Caribbean ships moved west to avoid path of Hurricane Isaias.
- I asked Royal Caribbean fans if they would feel safe going back on a cruise.
- While NCL cancelled more cruises this week, Royal Caribbean has not done the same.
- An inside look at how Royal Caribbean transformed an onboard game to a mobile game to download at home.
- Top 10 health concerns on a cruise ship Royal Caribbean's Healthy Sail Panel will address.
- Anthem of the Seas is underoing maintenance work at a French shipyard.
- Royal Caribbean Group has scheduled its second quarter earnings call with analysts.
- 6 really interesting facts about Royal Caribbean's new cruise safety drill.
- A new Cruise Planner sale on excursions, drink packages and more began this week.
- Check out these common myths about a Royal Caribbean cruise that are not true.
- Here is how to avoid being seated with people you don't know during dinner.
- How much is the drink package on Royal Caribbean?
- Is Royal Caribbean's WiFi worth it?
- A German cruise line started back up, which could be a preview of what to expect on Royal Caribbean.
New RCB Video: 10 Things Every Cruiser Needs Before You Go On A Cruise
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video — 10 Things Every Cruiser Needs Before You Go On A Cruise — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Royal Caribbean CEO updates what the cruise line is doing during shutdown
Earlier this week, Royal Caribbean International CEO Michael Bayley emailed its customer loyalty program members to provide an update on what the cruise line is doing during the shutdown.
The lengthy email touch on a number of topics that have been frequently asked by guests during Royal Caribbean's global cruise shutdown, including repatriating crew members, where the ships are, and more.
Mr. Bailey also touched on the work being done to get cruises back operating again, which falls under the cruise line's Healthy Return to Service program.