Merry Christmas! The holidays are here, and so is our weekly round up of this week's Royal Caribbean news.
There was a lot of Royal Caribbean news this week, but the big news was Royal Caribbean's announcement it has sold two of its cruise ships.
Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas have been sold to an undisclosed buyer in the Asia-Pacific region that will release details for future sailings at a later time.
Both ships will depart the fleet later this month and guests who had cruises booked on either vessel will be contacted with their options for rebooking or cancellation.
The news was met with cruise fans and cruise line executives sharing fond memories of both ships, and bidding farewell to two classic vessels.
Read more: A last look at Majesty of the Seas
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean Chairman CEO says vaccines, not new protocols, will be what gets cruises going again.
- Royal Caribbean extended all Future Cruise Credits through April 30, 2022.
- A new U.S. Defense Bill includes rules for cruise ships to have a doctor onboard.
- Quantum of the Seas restarted cruises after its false positive scare.
- An independent research firm shared predictions of gradual cruise ship restart plans.
- Royal Caribbean will not follow Celebrity Cruises in changing to all-inclusive pricing.
- It looks like Royal Caribbean is charging for the chat feature on Quantum of the Seas.
- Covid has changed who Royal Caribbean targets in its sales.
- How Royal Caribbean celebrates Christmas and New Years holidays on its cruise ships.
- The best time to take an Alaska cruise.
- Recipe: Spaghetti Bolognese from the main dining room.
- Video of Santa surfing on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
The 385th episode of the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is now available, discussing the restart of cruises on Quantum of the Seas.
Chris Gray Faust from Cruise Critic joins Matt this week to break down Royal Caribbean's first cruise ship to restart operations.
Please feel free to subscribe via iTunes or RSS, and head over to rate and review the podcast on iTunes if you can! We’d appreciate it.
New RCB Video: How to choose the right Alaska cruise
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video — How to choose the right Alaska cruise — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
5 plans Royal Caribbean will and won’t be able to do in 2021
The new year is right around the corner and Royal Caribbean had some pretty big plans for 2021 before everything changed in 2020.
While there have been significant delays and changes to Royal Caribbean's plans, there are still some projects moving forward and others not so much.
Here is a look at what we can and cannot expect from Royal Caribbean next year.