Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: May 31, 2020
Stay up-to-date with all the Royal Caribbean news from this week with our roundup of all this week's news.
Bad news came down from north of the border this week, when Canada announced it would extend its ban on cruise ships through October 31, 2020.
The ban of cruise ships in Canadian waters makes operating cruises to Alaska or New England effectively impossible because U.S. cabotage laws require foreign-flagged vessels leaving from a U.S. port of call to first call on a "distant foreign port" before returning to the United States.
Royal Caribbean has promised an update on affected sailings by Tuesday.
Royal Caribbean News
- There will not be overnight stays at Perfect Day at CocoCay.
- Changes made once cruising resumes may not be permanent changes.
- Royal Caribbean hired back over 100 laid off workers to help answer phones.
- Richard Fain published a new video about new protocols and procedures.
- Royal Caribbean's stock price has seen a resurgence recently.
- Is a cruise drink package worth buying?
- Here are the ways to get a cheap cruise.
- Ever thought about trying a repositioning cruise?
- Learn all about solo cruises on Royal Caribbean.
- Here is what you need to know to decide between the passport book vs card.
- Top 9 bad mistakes made when planning a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Haines, Alaska wants more Royal Caribbean ships to visit.
- Test your knowledge with our Royal Caribbean brain teaser trivia.
- Here is how to have cruise ship fun at home while there are no sailings.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Bryan took this family on Allure of the Seas for a family vacation that redefined what the new standard of family fun was for his clan.
Would you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?
Many tourist businesses opening back up now are requiring guests to wear masks, and the question is if Royal Caribbean will do the same.
I polled over two thousand people who typically go on Royal Caribbean if they would cruise again assuming wearing a mask was mandatory, and it was clear how readers felt about wearing a mask.
Royal Caribbean has not divulged any specifics of the plans and protocols in intends to introduce once cruising resume, but many believe wearing a mask onboard the ship might be included as part of the new rules.