Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: March 31, 2019
This was a busy week with Royal Caribbean news, and we have a summary of all of the news from this week to make certain you did not miss any of it.
Royal Caribbean moved forward with the acquisition of the Grand Lucayan resort, which appears to be part of its plan to redevelop Freeport Harbor.
The letter of intent was signed and an initial $195 million investment. The development will take place over a 24-month period, with $65 million of the purchase price for the Grand Lucayan Resort.
The Bahamas government reports a theme park and five-star hotel will be part of the redevelopment effort.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean received permission to sail to Glacier Bay in Alaska.
- New 2020-2021 Royal Caribbean sailings from Dubai went on sale this week.
- We answered the question if is The Key is worth it.
- Check out a video of Spectrum of the Seas conveyance to the North Sea.
- Royal Caribbean pledged support for United Nations Global LGBTI Standards Of Conduct For Business.
- A look at the new venues in CocoCay that are now open.
- Twenty new shore excursions were added for Royal Caribbean cruises in the South Pacific.
- We reviewed a flight simulator shore excursion in the Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt sailed Mariner of the Seas for a back-to-back group sailing and talks with friends on the sailing about what they thought of the ship, the changes to CocoCay and nore.
New Royal Caribbean Cruise Compasses
One of the best ways to learn about what sort of events a cruise ship offers is to consult a past Royal Caribbean Cruise Compass. Here is a look at which Cruise Compasses we added this week.
- Mariner of the Seas 3-night Nassau & CocoCay Cruise Compass - March 22, 2019
- Mariner of the Seas 4-night Nassau & CocoCay Cruise Compass - March 18, 2019
- Mariner of the Seas 3-night Nassau & CocoCay Cruise Compass - March 15, 2019
- Ovation of the Seas 12-night New Zealand Cruise Compass - March 8, 2019
- Majesty of the Seas 5-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - March 2, 2019
- Rhapsody of the Seas 7-night Western Caribbean Adventure Ocean & Teen Dailies - March 9, 2019
- Rhapsody of the Seas 7-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - March 9, 2019
- Explorer of the Seas 9-night South Pacific Cruise Compass - March 1, 2019
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Miami's Community Newspapers reported on Royal Caribbean Day at FIU’s Biscayne Bay Campus.
Seatrade News remembered a former Royal Caribbean executive that passed away.
CNET shared how artificial intelligence has made facial recognition work better, with a Royal Caribbean example.
Reader's Digest provides a look at what Symphony of the Seas looks like.
Cruise Critic interviewed the head of Royal Caribbean's head of food and beverage.