Happy weekend! It has been a busy week of Royal Caribbean news and events, and we have a look back at everything that happened this week.
It was nice to have a change of pace this week when Wonder of the Seas was floated out at her shipyard.
Royal Caribbean's next Oasis Class cruise ship was successfully floated out at 7am on Saturday morning in just about one hour.
Wonder of the Seas is under construction at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France. The fifth Oasis Class ship will debut in 2022.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean will not release its new health protocols until at least the end of September.
- Australia extended its ban on cruise ships until December.
- The Port of Galveston says Royal Caribbean is still committed to begin construction of a new terminal in April 2021.
- Some Adventure of the Seas sailings in 2021 have been shortened due to Galveston pier construction delays.
- A new Odyssey of the Seas construction photo was released this week.
- You can still save money on pre-cruise add-ons with the latest Cruise Planner sale.
- Royal Caribbean stock was up again this week, thanks to positive cruise industry news.
- Why you shouldn't book the cheapest cruise you can find.
- What food or drinks you're allowed to bring on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Our readers shared the best piece of cruise advice they have ever received.
- Top 10 best ways to spend $100 on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- How to contact Royal Caribbean for help with a cruise cancellation or refund.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
The 370th episode of the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is now available, where Jeff reviews two Grandeur of the Seas cruises.
This week's cruise story is a "two-fer", where Jeff contrasts his first Grandeur of the Seas cruise to his latest one.
Please feel free to subscribe via iTunes or RSS, and head over to rate and review the podcast on iTunes if you can! We’d appreciate it.
8 cruise ship tips from a former employee
Royal Caribbean crew members live on their ships for months at a time, and they see guests doing a lot of things during this time, including mistakes.
Former crew member Pippa Madden worked on cruise ships for 8 years and shared helpful do's and don'ts based on what she saw onboard.
Here are eight things to do, avoid, or simply be aware of, for your cruise vacation.