Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: April 24, 2016
Spring is here and it is also Sunday, which means we are celebrating warm(er) temperatures and Royal Caribbean news from this week!
Royal Caribbean made headlines this week when it canceled seven more Empress of the Seas sailings.
The cruise line had to push back Empress' return to the fleet by more than a month, marking the second occasion in which Royal Caribbean canceled scheduled sailings on Empress of the Seas in just the last few months.
Many guests are more upset with the fact the cancelations were announced just days before their cruise than the cancelations.
Royal Caribbean explained they had to cancel the sailings because all the galleys need to be fully replaced, at a cost of $10 million.
Royal Caribbean News
- New tiered internet plans were rolled out for Royal Caribbean's high speed internet.
- Royal Caribbean launched a new sweepstakes, where visitors could win a Harmony of the Seas cruise.
- Royal Caribbean's first quarter 2016 financial results call with investors is scheduled.
- The Port of Baltimore signed a deal with Royal Caribbean to extend cruises for another 4 years.
- A new #FitAdventure video series with a Dancing with the Stars fan favorite debuted.
- Royal Caribbean's BOGO Saver promotion is back.
- Royal Caribbean Australia 2017-2018 cruises went on sale this week.
- Ovation of the Seas will be the biggest ship to ever homeport in Hong Kong.
- New Jewel of the Seas refurbishment progress photos.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, we share a guide to Royal Caribbean's Oasis-class cruise ships and what to expect if you have ever been on one previously.
99 Days of Harmony
To celebrate the countdown until Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas debuts, we kicked off a brand new blog series, 99 Days of Harmony, that looks at what makes this new ship so amazing.
Each day we are posting a new blog post all about Harmony of the Seas, so here's what you might have missed this week.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Royal Caribbean posted about the thrills on Harmony of the Seas.
Kidz Cruises has a review of the Royal Babies and Royal Tots Nursery.
Royal Caribbean also has a look at their fuel efficiency software.
TravelPulse shares a recent shipyard tour of Harmony of the Seas.