Repricing Drink Packages w/ OBC?

KLA

Hey guys, 

Ran in to a situation with drink package repricing that I was hoping someone could give an answer to - 

Someone in our group on Adventure of the Seas is trying to reprice a drink package due to a sale that just hit, however when they purchased the package originally they applied some OBC that was available in the Cruise Planner ahead of the cruise. When they refund the original purchase, they should get that credit back correct?

Thanks! 

Cool! Thanks everyone for the input - we saw a drop down to $39/pp-per day for the drink package, which makes it pretty worth it (IMO) particularly if you're non-diamond. A couple glasses of wine with dinner, coffees, waters, and any other drinks in the evening add up quick even on a port heavy itinerary. We were able to purchase ours and I'll be checking in to make sure they were able to reprice to the new rate! 

1 hour ago, KLAconQueso said:

Cool! Thanks everyone for the input - we saw a drop down to $39/pp-per day for the drink package, which makes it pretty worth it (IMO) particularly if you're non-diamond. A couple glasses of wine with dinner, coffees, waters, and any other drinks in the evening add up quick even on a port heavy itinerary. We were able to purchase ours and I'll be checking in to make sure they were able to reprice to the new rate! 

$39?! I haven't seen it go that low in over a year!  Great catch on that. ?

2 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Nice!  My Adventure sailing in May is on sale for $42. Best price I've found was $41 during the Black Friday sale. 

1 minute ago, Pooch said:

Is there any rhyme or reason as to discounts on drink packages?  Our cruise is in October and drink package is currently $50 pp.  Might it go lower closer to the cruise?  Does anyone have a crystal ball????

Usually the biggest sales are around the holidays. But no real rhyme or reason.  Just keep checking that cruise planner.

Just now, Pooch said:

Is there any rhyme or reason as to discounts on drink packages?  Our cruise is in October and drink package is currently $50 pp.  Might it go lower closer to the cruise?  Does anyone have a crystal ball????

RC will have sales periodically. We had 2 pretty much a week or so apart, and gaps between others. It comes and goes randomly. Not sure if there's much of a pattern. When is your cruise? Also, welcome to the board.

1 minute ago, Pooch said:

No rhyme or rhythm, just the blues.  It varies by ship and by sailing.  If its selling really well on your sailing, no deals for you.  

Might it go lower?  Yes!

If you purchase a beverage package and you change your mind or the price drops you can refund and repurchase.  This is generally the smart play if you've decided to go with the package.