YOLO!

I am beyond excited! I have to share this news with my RC Blog family! As some of you know already know from reading my posts, star class has been on my radar for a while now. I was never able to do it though for various reasons, either kids too young or work or price too crazy.

Anyway, as @WAAAYTOOO mentioned in another post, yesterday I noticed early in the morning there was a STAR discount of $1000. I had my eye on upgrading my Anthem sailing next month to the GLS but sadly I moved too slow and it was gone. 

Because I am obsessive by nature, and also persistent, I knew that I wanted to take advantage of the $1000 discount which ends at midnight. So this morning, I was able to find (although I'm not sure what I signed up for) a 2BDR ATS-GTY for about $3400pp on none other than my favourite ship ever-Harmony!  I did not hesitate this time because for a March break sailing, I knew that price was a no brainer. I am just praying that I guessed the correct dates for march break 2019 because the school calendar doesn't even come out for another two months. 

I am beyond excited but I have never done a guarantee room on anything before. So I am not sure what I will end up with. Any thoughts anyone? But as @WAAAYTOOO put it, the worst I can get is an A2 on deck 10 and even that is amazing!  Only 403 days left but who's counting!

4 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

@Sabrinaklai I am sooooo happy for you!!! and even if it's not the right spring break, take the kids out, they'll learn more on a cruise! WOO HOO!!!!

Oh it's not so simple.  I'm back to teaching next year so I won't have it off either.  But it's always the same week usually so fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

There's only 1 down side to Star Class.  You will be ruined forever !  ...in a good waaay.

Congratulations.  You will NOT regret it.

I know.  I am already ruined from trying Sky class lol.  

As an update, hubby and I were talking about this some more last night and we figured in the spirit of YOLO we actually moved our room from the A2-GTY to a TL (star loft).  With the instant savings that rolled in at midnight, we ended up paying an addition $25 more per person.  Gave up the second separate bedroom but we both love Deck 17 and the sweeping views of the loft.  Hubby says we're going back to standard balconies after this ?

10 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

we actually moved our room from the A2-GTY to a TL (star loft).  With the instant savings that rolled in at midnight, we ended up paying an addition $25 more per person.?

That's a very good price for upgrading from a GTY to a Star Loft.  Those rooms are generally more expensive than even the A1.  I think you might miss the second bedroom ?  .....but you will have a second bathroom, so that's a good thing.

One of these days you will have to do the 2 BR ATS.  There's nothing else like it.  Even the Royal Family Loft isn't as impressive, IMO.  The biggest down side to the ATS is the walk.  It's a LONG haul all the way aft.

Which one (TL) did you get ?  I have been in 1724 but not 1722.  We are in the equivalent to 1722 on Allure in April (1718 on Allure).

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's a very good price for upgrading from a GTY to a Star Loft.  Those rooms are generally more expensive than even the A1.  I think you might miss the second bedroom ?  .....but you will have a second bathroom, so that's a good thing.

One of these days you will have to do the 2 BR ATS.  There's nothing else like it.  Even the Royal Family Loft isn't as impressive, IMO.  The biggest down side to the ATS is the walk.  It's a LONG haul all the way aft.

Which one (TL) did you get ?  I have been in 1724 but not 1722.  We are in the equivalent to 1722 on Allure in April (1718 on Allure).

It was only 1722 left, but that's the one I wanted.  I don't want to face the mini golf and flowriders.  And yes, we debated the 2 bedroom last night but hubby made a good point in saying although we like the balcony, we never eat on it or anything.  And we're not going with a large group this time so it would be wasted. 

Also, we've always wanted to try a CLS so since we're splurging anyway, what was another $25pp?  In August, we spent a lot of time on Deck 17 in CK and the suite lounge so that was another factor that we weighed out.  And last but not least, we're travelling with our kids and they're loud and crazy so second bedroom or not, it's not going to matter.  As long as we have the second bathroom, which after our last cruise with our kids (girls approaching tween and teen), I decided is a must and I'm sure the Genie can find us a rollaway bed.

Go to cruisedeckplans.com   There are pix of the bathrooms for these 2 suites for Allure.  Not sure about Harmony...but they are the exact same suites as far as I can see.  I will say that the bathrooms in the Sky/Star Lofts are much nicer than the bathrooms in the ATS.  That's one aspect of the ATS that I thought was lacking - the bathrooms are nothing special at all.

If a bathtub is a biggie then you might be disappointed.  There are no bathtubs in the Sky/Star Lofts as far as I can tell.  It looks like both bathrooms just have big, walk-in showers.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Go to cruisedeckplans.com   There are pix of the bathrooms for these 2 suites for Allure.  Not sure about Harmony...but they are the exact same suites as far as I can see.  I will say that the bathrooms in the Sky/Star Lofts are much nicer than the bathrooms in the ATS.  That's one aspect of the ATS that I thought was lacking - the bathrooms are nothing special at all.

If a bathtub is a biggie then you might be disappointed.  There are no bathtubs in the Sky/Star Lofts as far as I can tell.  It looks like both bathrooms just have big, walk-in showers.

That's another reason why we changed our minds as well.  After watching a few youtube videos last night, we felt the ATS didn't have the WOW factor for a Star class suite, especially the bathrooms.  And no, we're not bath people so no biggie. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

There's only 1 down side to Star Class.  You will be ruined forever !  ...in a good waaay.

Congratulations.  You will NOT regret it.

It can not be emphasize enough how true this statement is! Particularly the "ruining forever" part.

Let me add Sabrinaklai, that you will be at about the perfect time in your cruising career to get a room like this. I mean appreciation for the things that go beyond the additional living space. You'll have enough cruising history to know the difference of the details. The benefits of having a gold sea pass. How to "use" a concierge. Maybe most of all; the really, really good room attendant.

Afterwards you'll have a different perspective of cruising. One of an elder that is experienced and well rounded. It's gonna look good on ya" !

I think you've made a great choice