UkuleleCruiser

Best city to live in?

On 1/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, LetsTryThisTech said:

I have to say Grand Cayman is probably one of the nicest places to live. Warm all year, probably less hurricanes than Florida. TAX-FREE :10_wink::10_wink::10_wink:

Amazing scuba diving, stingray city, quick plane trip to most major cities in Florida. What more do you need?

But the cost of opening a bank account is terrible!   ;0)

3 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

You say cool but the lowest it ever gets even with a cold front is in the 70s. Even when that big storm froze Northern Florida we were at perfect temps.

You keep on bragging like this and our Canadian contingent is going to hunt you down and stick you in a freezer!!!!

4 minutes ago, Floski said:

You keep on bragging like this and our Canadian contingent is going to hunt you down and stick you in a freezer!!!!

I remember when I went back for college. Luckily, I met an amazing local who is now my wife, :12_slight_smile: so hopefully, I won't have to go back anytime soon. Its one of those places you think oh I could never live there its too small, then you visit and decide to never go home lol.

15 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

Only for the ones who don't live here. :15_yum: Don't worry my fee is smaller :10_wink: lol

Quick unrelated, but cruise related question:

Has George Town decided one way or another if they were going to dredge the port so that tendering would not be necessary?

The issue is environmental and in going through with the project would detrimentally effect the reef system; on the other hand, piers with direct access would allow for larger ships and more of them. It's a difficult choice.

2 minutes ago, bobroo said:

Quick unrelated, but cruise related question:

Has George Town decided one way or another if they were going to dredge the port so that tendering would not be necessary?

The issue is environmental and in going through with the project would detrimentally effect the reef system; on the other hand, piers with direct access would allow for larger ships and more of them. It's a difficult choice.

Discussed in another thread with @LetsTryThisTech :

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5461-daily-periscope-of-grand-cayman-port/&do=findComment&comment=55465

17 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

You say cool but the lowest it ever gets even with a cold front is in the 70s. Even when that big storm froze Northern Florida we were at perfect temps.

I know the 70s is not cold.  But when you are on vacation and want to go to the beach and other outdoor activities (say a trip to Stingray City), the 70s with clouds and wind are not what you want.  I love Cayman, and I am somewhat envious of those who live there, but I've had two vacations (out of about 6) affected by weather there.