Introduce yourself!

Matt

I've somehow missed the community board down here.  So, I've been bumming around the message boards for a few months and never formally introduced myself. 

My name is Christie, and my husband and 1 year old daughter and I live in College Station, TX.  I'm a chiropractor and my husband works in information security for Texas A&M.  We are huge Disney fans and used to cruise exclusively with DCL. We were looking for something different for Christmas this year, so we booked a week on Oasis of the Seas.  I learned about RCB podcast from listening to WDW Today, and went back and listened to all the old episodes while preparing for the Christmas cruise.  i honestly went into our cruise with very little expectations... I mean, what could beat Disney, right? I found that I actually thought RC beat Disney with many things.  Now, I'm not sure when we are going back.

Currently we have planned an anniversary cruise on Anthem with just my husband and I in Sept 2016.  We are pricing out Allure for Thanksgiving week next year.  And last night my friend in Florida suggested we do a joint cruise in March 2017.  My husband is wondering when we get to go back to Disney World with all the cruises we have planned haha.

Welcome aboard Christie! I'm happy you introduced yourself, because (for some reason) I always thought you were the male in that photo. Now (not that it matters much) I know I'm talking to the female. I was always fairly sure I was not talking to the baby. ;)

Which college did you attend? The Queen (my wife, Laura) and I both attended Life University a lifetime ago.

What could beat Disney? As you've learned, in many ways RC does. The Queen and I had our honeymoon at Disney nearly 20 years ago. Shortly thereafter, we moved to Orlando (not just because we loved our honeymoon) from Atlanta. We've since been to Disney hundreds of times and for the last two years, she and I have both worked for the Mouse (she's a server; I'm a bartender). What all of that experience has taught me is that in some significant ways Disney beats Royal, and conversely, Royal beats Disney. They have their pluses and minuses. From my perspective, who "wins" really comes down to what the guest is looking for from their vacation.

I think maybe, if anyone else agrees, we should start a post: "Top 5 Ways Disney Beats Royal AND Top 5 Ways Royal Beats Disney" - you'd have to offer up both or you couldn't play. ;)

Anyway, welcome again! If you have any questions, many of us are pretty well versed in Royal (and Disney).

Welcome aboard Christie! I'm happy you introduced yourself, because (for some reason) I always thought you were the male in that photo. Now (not that it matters much) I know I'm talking to the female. I was always fairly sure I was not talking to the baby. ;)

I did the same thing, isn't that awful. Should never assume. Although your right, probably not the baby.

Welcome Christie.

Cut us some slack. It's not a gender-specific name. All of the following could go either way: J_Keeble, WAAAYTOOO, DocLC, and many others. Until we get to know them. Then, we're only left with DocLC going either way. ;) :lol:

True, the name isn't gender specific. But there's a man and a woman in the profile pic, and we just automatically assume it's the man! Doesn't seem right to me, maybe were just shovanest pigs :) . I think I'll just attribute it to the fact he's taller.

Cut us some slack. It's not a gender-specific name. All of the following could go either way: J_Keeble, WAAAYTOOO, DocLC, and many others. Until we get to know them. Then, we're only left with DocLC going either way. ;) :lol:

Male here, but my name is Kris and I have a hyphenated last name, so I'm used to people assuming I'm female. It was a real shocker when I interviewed at my college as they expected a woman to walk into the interview.

For what it's worth, I assumed Christie was the man in the photo, too.

Except that you call your wife the queen 👸

The Queen isn't a derogatory or condescending term. She is the Queen of our castle. She even bought a plaque for our wall (yes, she bought it) which reads...

"When the Queen is happy, there is peace in the kingdom."

Believe me, I wish we were equals. At least she's a benevolent ruler.

Hi all

My name is Paulette and I live in Western Australia.

Hubby and I have never cruised before and have booked to go on Ovation of the Seas December 2016 - the Australian maiden voyage.

Any cruising tips are welcomed.

We are very excited :D

Welcome Paulette!

Hi all

My name is Paulette and I live in Western Australia.

Hubby and I have never cruised before and have booked to go on Ovation of the Seas December 2016 - the Australian maiden voyage.

Any cruising tips are welcomed.

We are very excited :D

Welcome aboard, Paulette (and hubby)! :D

You're doomed! :lol: You're starting on the Ovation of the Seas! B) You'll never be able to sail any other ship or any other line ever again! ;) The amazing experience you'll have will be unbeatable! I'm totally jealous!

Feel free to ask questions. We're all here to help.

Hello everyone!

My name is Ryan and my wife is Aissa, we also have 2 boys ages 14 and 6.  We have a been  Disney World vacation family, until our recent Royal Caribbean cruises.  I think we are morphing into a cruise family!  We are from Indiana and enjoy trading our views of corn and bean fields for ocean and sand.

Hello everyone!

My name is Ryan and my wife is Aissa, we also have 2 boys ages 14 and 6.  We have a been  Disney World vacation family, until our recent Royal Caribbean cruises.  I think we are morphing into a cruise family!  We are from Indiana and enjoy trading our views of corn and bean fields for ocean and sand.

Welcome Ryan and Aissa!