Excited

mickjacket

32 minutes ago, mickjacket said:

Wife and I just upgraded to a Balcony room on Vav of the seas for January 18. Our 4th cruise and the first balcony, can't wait. 

We always get a balcony room when we cruise, got spoiled on the first cruise. So nice to have room service bring us coffee and croissants first thing in the morning to enjoy on the deck. Of course, that is on sea days. Not so scenic first thing in the morning when you're in port and on the side of the ship tied up to the pier! Enjoy!:27_sunglasses:

25 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

Don't do it unless you are prepared to do it every time from here on out! Wife and I always did ocean view window then had the chance to get a balcony for 100 dollars more on independence...haven't had an ocean view window room since lol.

Lol...15 years ago we took our first cruise on Adventure and our travel agent convinced us to "splurge" on a balcony since it was our honeymoon. Fell in love with it and got spoiled and never looked back after that. And then, just this past August, many RC cruises later we went on Harmony to celebrate our 15th anniversary and I finally convinced my husband to get a JS. Thought that was going to be great!  One month before the cruise prices for GS dropped and we upgraded for an extra $500 just to "try out" Sky class after reading many comments here I was curious. Here's where I am going to sound really spoiled....I loved the GS and Sky class! Kids now want to go on Anthem and we have booked 2 connecting balconies for the extra bathroom and beds and although I know logically this makes the most sense some part of me is finding it hard to "go back". I'be been checking daily for price changes on the Anthem.  I know...spoiled but very fortunate already. But yes...careful with those upgrades.  They can be dangerous lol.  Already trying to prep hubby on booking a GS for symphony in 2019....