DIY Room Service

11 hours ago, jeremyveres said:

Oh no! Me and my wife were looking forward to eating some chips and Guacamole! 

I love to eat on cruises and I'm not picky, believe me, but the guac in ELF on both Allure and Wonder (twice) was pretty bad, IMO. Food is subjective though and others don't mind it so give it a shot and form your own opinion. I'd still add some Cholula unless you don't like spicy (chipotle isn't very hot though).

FWIW, I love ELF in general, I just prefer the tacos and quesadillas there. I think the only day I didn't go there on Wonder in March was when we were off the ship for an excursion in St. Martin from like 9-4. It's my daily post-lunch or afternoon snack. I just don't happen to like the guac.

When my wife is getting ready for dinner I sneak up to the jammer.  I try to find some chocolate chip cookies.  Then i have a little sweet treat at night.  That's when i do my water storage too.  Go around to a few bars pick up bottles of water and a getting ready cocktail.  

El Lock Fresh I grab what ever looks the freshest but i normally got hot sauce. meat and cheese.

Cheers

18 hours ago, jeremyveres said:

Oh no! Me and my wife were looking forward to eating some chips and Guacamole! 

i traditionally just add some fresh limes and a tap or two of the chipotle cholula and the guac is quite nice.

i would say i'm a bit of a guac snob; i made my own and the tableside preparation at sabor is definitely a cut above ELF, but -- this will do in a pinch, if i a doctor it up as directed 😉

19 hours ago, TessFromFlorida said:

We always order coffee, fruit, and pastries from room service each morning. I stash the lids from that first day and use them to cover our plates when going back to the room from the Windjammer with snacks for the night (rotate them as needed if they get dirty). 🤠

Thats a pretty good idea, thanks for the tip.

I always pack a couple different sizes of tupperware-like containers and plenty of Ziplock bags. I can't eat alot in one sitting so always take my dessert from the MDR back to my cabin. I get ice every day and put it in a gallon ziplock and stick it in the fridge to keep it cooler. Another thing I've learned, since many of the ships I've been on recently don't have freestyle machines and sugar-free gatorade is non-existent, is to bring the single size sugar-free gatorade powder packets and mix my own. 😎

5 minutes ago, Debstr66 said:

I always pack a couple different sizes of tupperware-like containers and plenty of Ziplock bags.

You got me beat with the Tupperware. We always have a stash of gallon Ziplocs though (one is designated as my cookie bag and is never empty, lol).

Park Cafe on Wonder has wraps and other small sandwiches in sealed plastic to-go containers in a grab n go section. I started keeping a couple wraps in the cooler last cruise... now you've given me the idea to re-use the containers for stuff brought back from WJ or wherever so thanks for that! They should be big enough for desserts and other small snacks.

On 5/16/2024 at 9:49 AM, Debstr66 said:

I just wish I could come up with a way to reheat stuff... Ziplock bag under hot water doesn't get stuff warm enough. 🤔

get a balcony cabin and make a solar oven using a box and tinfoil.  Or just bring that type of set up to the outside top deck!  LOL