Booking a cruise

Is there any benefits or differences from booking a cruise directly with Royal Caribbean or with an outside agency such as Direct Cruises, etc  for a Royal Caribbean cruise?

The benefit for booking with a GOOD travel agent is that you have one person dedicated to your trip.  My TA can make suggestions for sailings, look for group rates, check for price drops, and, most importantly, take care of a problem should one arise.  And they do.  My last problem would have taken me 3+ days of being on the phone to take care of.  But my TA took care of it, solving the problem and saving me probably dozens of hours on the phone.  I know nothing about Direct Cruises, but I would never book through somewhere like Costco, Cruise.com, etc. They are often left out of things like Royal Up and other promotions AND I love that I have someone that I can email/phone or text whenever I have a question or problem.  A good cruise TA will not charge for their services, as they all get a commission from the cruiseline.  Some take their commission AND charge customers a fee (I'm looking at you, Travel Leaders), so know what the policy is before you work with someone.

Many of us use MEI Travel (a sponsor of this blog, but more importantly, some of the nicest, incredibly talented TAs you'll ever find).  If you go to the home page of this blog, there's a big yellow form you can fill out and someone from MEI will contact you.  But if you don't want to go that route, just be sure  you know what you're paying for when you find someone.    Good luck!

2 hours ago, Biaggio said:

Costco travel. Lower prices, great service, and cheaper trip insurance 

When you say great service does that mean when you need something changed or a price drop happens there is someone to talk to about it?