Wonder of the Seas, March 24th, 2024

WAYNO

2 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

So that’s what the crown lounge on wonder looks like ? Who knew ?

Also, I was reading a thread across the street and realized I completely forgot to check the CL in the afternoon to see if they put out snacks, lol. It's usually just cookies and other stuff you can get elsewhere but still. Me not checking a free food venue is blasphemous! It's now on the list for June.

@WAYNO, if you happen to visit the CL in the afternoon, let me know if there's any food out. If not, no worries.

Speaking of the Windjammer...

I did not feel like dressing up for the MDR, so we ate dinner tonight in the Windjammer.  Truly scrumptious, and the service is quite good.  Don't know if it's just this ship that has higher standards. Or if Royal is improving across the board.  Either way. I am very pleased.

5 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Speaking of the Windjammer...

I did not feel like dressing up for the MDR, so we ate dinner tonight in the Windjammer.  Truly scrumptious, and the service is quite good.  Don't know if it's just this ship that has higher standards. Or if Royal is improving across the board.  Either way. I am very pleased.

I love that the Windjammer is an option when you don't feel like being in the MDR or shelling out for specialty dining. I've never had a bad meal there or bad service. On Freedom a few weeks ago, I even got to sit near a cute baby that was smiling at me throughout my dinner. Also, ALWAYS a great view out the windows instead of being stuck in the middle of multitudes of people in the MDR sometimes!

In no apparent order...

In the Crown Lounge, there's a virtual real-time video screen of the outside scenery.  Today it's Cozumel. 

And, there are no longer ship magnets available for much of the fleet.  I now buy key chains and glue magnets to the backs when I'm home.

And a video itinerary in the elevator lobby.

20240327_114837.jpg

20240327_115821.jpg

20240327_115211.jpg

2 hours ago, WAYNO said:

The shower door is half coverage.  The bathroom floor can easily get swamped.

Question on the shower…do you get chilly since there really is no enclosure while showering?  Must at least get chilly once you shut the water off…no?  I prefer a very warm closed space while showering.  🚿 

18 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Question on the shower…do you get chilly since there really is no enclosure while showering?  Must at least get chilly once you shut the water off…no?  I prefer a very warm closed space while showering.  🚿 

I think as hot as the water is, and with the nearly non-existent  ventilation, it remains plenty warm in the bathroom, at least for me.  My wife is chilly most if the time, and she just told me she was not chilled after her shower. 

Cozumel was quite warm today.  Mid eighties, but with huge humidity numbers. 

I bought some airplane-size bottles of gin from the duty free store.  I thought a dollar each was a bargain, but then the lady said they were having a promotion.  Thirty bottles for 10 dollars.  Really. 

Hope it's legitimate stuff.😀

23 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Also, I was reading a thread across the street and realized I completely forgot to check the CL in the afternoon to see if they put out snacks, lol. It's usually just cookies and other stuff you can get elsewhere but still. Me not checking a free food venue is blasphemous! It's now on the list for June.

@WAYNO, if you happen to visit the CL in the afternoon, let me know if there's any food out. If not, no worries.

I was here noonish and again at 3PM. There was no food or snacks either time.

And the vitual window to the world.

20240327_160235.jpg

The Dog House...

I have not been enamored with this place on other ships, but since everything else has been so wonderful on Wonder, it's only fair that I give the Dog House another try.

I am glad I did.  The Dog was great as was the bun.  On a good hot dog I don't need condiments,  and I didn't  need them here.  Thanks.😋

20240327_164647.jpg

Thursday morning.   Our plan is an air conditioned bus tour of Roatan.  I stepped out on the balcony and promptly wilted.

Then on the elevator upon greeting another passenger, he commented how much cooler it is today.🤪

We had breakfast delivered to our room this morning.  I ate just a little.  Wasn't  in the mood for more.

But I am now sipping my wonderful Americano in the Crown Lounge.  This place is mostly empty.

17 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

But I am now sipping my wonderful Americano in the Crown Lounge.  This place is mostly empty.

Was never crowded in the mornings last week. I was routinely the only one there around 6:45-7am. I made my cappuccinos to go while the crew member put out breakfast. If I went a bit later I maybe saw a few people.

19 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Our plan is an air conditioned bus tour of Roatan.

We have a private tour in June (a re-do of 2019 when high winds prevented Harmony from docking there). Please share any highlights. We have a general list of places we want to go but I can always add to it. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Was never crowded in the mornings last week. I was routinely the only one there around 6:45-7am. I made my cappuccinos to go while the crew member put out breakfast. If I went a bit later I maybe saw a few people.

We have a private tour in June (a re-do of 2019 when high winds prevented Harmony from docking there). Please share any highlights. We have a general list of places we want to go but I can always add to it. Enjoy!

My best advice is to make sure you have an air conditioned vehicle!😀

It was not necessarily hot, maybe 80 degrees, but the wind and humidity made it feel like a hundred degrees.

We ate at the West End, a place called  Booty something

It was mediocre, but what it lacked in quality and serving size, it made up for in high price.  Then. We were substantially over charged.  I gave up trying to convince them, as I didn't want to spend the night in the Roatan jail.

Otherwise, our bi-lingual tour was pretty great.   It was difficult to get photos, so I have very few.

20240328_084642.jpg

20240328_084954.jpg

20240328_085008.jpg

20240328_085016.jpg

20240328_085020.jpg

20240328_085026.jpg

20240328_121448.jpg

20240328_121451.jpg

20240328_121451.jpg

20240328_121500.jpg

20240328_132631.jpg

1 minute ago, WAYNO said:

My best advice is to make sure you have an air conditioned vehicle!😀

It was not necessarily hot, maybe 80 degrees, but the wind and humidity made it feel like a hundred degrees.

We ate at the West End, a place called  Booty something

It was mediocre, but what it lacked in quality and serving size, it made up for in high price.  Then. We were substantially over charged.  I gave up trying to convince them, as I didn't want to spend the night in the Roatan jail.

Otherwise, our bi-lingual tour was pretty great.   It was difficult to get photos, so I have very few.

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry about the restaurant debacle but glad you enjoyed the tour. Sounds like you basically just drove around the island and saw stuff rather than actual stops?

That's definitely part of our plan but we do have a few stops built in. Between frugality and my picky wife, we're not doing a full lunch. I told our tour company (Rony's Tours) to just take me to a quick service type place, food truck, taco stand (whatever they have in Roatan) to try some local fare and move on. We're making an obligatory sloth stop for my wife but also going to Rony's home town and visiting a school there to donate some supplies since my wife is a teacher. We like seeing some of how the locals live when we go somewhere for the first time then after that we do more touristy stuff.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry about the restaurant debacle but glad you enjoyed the tour. Sounds like you basically just drove around the island and saw stuff rather than actual stops?

That's definitely part of our plan but we do have a few stops built in. Between frugality and my picky wife, we're not doing a full lunch. I told our tour company (Rony's Tours) to just take me to a quick service type place, food truck, taco stand (whatever they have in Roatan) to try some local fare and move on. We're making an obligatory sloth stop for my wife but also going to Rony's home town and visiting a school there to donate some supplies since my wife is a teacher. We like seeing some of how the locals live when we go somewhere for the first time then after that we do more touristy stuff.

Actually, we stopped at multiple places.  An artisan mall, the chocolate and coconut oil factory, the Rumcake place, and the West End, which is loaded with shops, bars and restaurants. 

9 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Actually, we stopped at multiple places.  An artisan mall, the chocolate and coconut oil factory, the Rumcake place, and the West End, which is loaded with shops, bars and restaurants. 

Ah, OK, great! That's what I was hoping for. We're definitely going to the West End, just not having a full meal there. Anything stand out? Was the chocolate factory worth it or more of a tourist trap to get you to buy some at the end?

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ah, OK, great! That's what I was hoping for. We're definitely going to the West End, just not having a full meal there. Anything stand out? Was the chocolate factory worth it or more of a tourist trap to get you to buy some at the end?

Nothing stood out, other than West End had a lot if shopping opportunities. 

Dinner at the MDR tonight...  I had the coconut breaded shrimp, and onion soup,  as perfect as always, and although I didn't  order it, I received the tiger shrimp for an entree along with the steak that I did order.  All 5-star perfect.  Then I cancelled my dessert.  Even I can over do it.

20240328_180149.jpg

20240328_180152.jpg

20240328_173636.jpg

I do have a question for others. 

The bathroom ventilation throughout the fleet has never been spectacular,  but it's pretty non existent in our bathroom on Wonder.  Have others experienced the same thing?