Royal Up - Room Switched on Oasis

RCfan1005

Hi All,

First post, so I apologize if I'm making mistakes. We just got "upgraded" from an interior room to a spacious interior room on deck 3. The room number is a room number that doesn't exist. I looked at all updated deck plans and those from the past that I could find and there's no room number listed. Does anyone have advice? Customer service is closed, so I'm just trying to see if I'm missing something. Do they sometimes move you to "spacious interior" rooms that are connected rooms and change the numbers around?

Thanks for any advice

5 hours ago, RCfan1005 said:

Hi All,

First post, so I apologize if I'm making mistakes. We just got "upgraded" from an interior room to a spacious interior room on deck 3. The room number is a room number that doesn't exist. I looked at all updated deck plans and those from the past that I could find and there's no room number listed. Does anyone have advice? Customer service is closed, so I'm just trying to see if I'm missing something. Do they sometimes move you to "spacious interior" rooms that are connected rooms and change the numbers around?

Thanks for any advice

First. No they never change room numbers around. And No, a "spacious interior" would not be 2 cabins with the connecting door open. 

Second. Since you didn't give us your sailing date, it would be no invasion of privacy if you tell us the cabin number. (You could be on any one of 52 weeks in the year. We will never know). If we had the cabin number someone here could check a few places. My guess is your missing it on the sites you are trying. Some sites are better than others.

12 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Do you mind giving us the room number? 

8 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

First. No they never change room numbers around. And No, a "spacious interior" would not be 2 cabins with the connecting door open. 

Second. Since you didn't give us your sailing date, it would be no invasion of privacy if you tell us the cabin number. (You could be on any one of 52 weeks in the year. We will never know). If we had the cabin number someone here could check a few places. My guess is your missing it on the sites you are trying. Some sites are better than others.

The room number is deck 3, 3806 on Oasis. I got ahold of customer service late last night. They claim the room exists and the desk plans haven't been updated. That may be true but I do find it weird they can't provide me anything other than an invoice to show the room exists. It doesn't appear anywhere on any deck plans. 

21 minutes ago, RCfan1005 said:

The room number is deck 3, 3806 on Oasis. I got ahold of customer service late last night. They claim the room exists and the desk plans haven't been updated. That may be true but I do find it weird they can't provide me anything other than an invoice to show the room exists. It doesn't appear anywhere on any deck plans. 

Welcome to the boards and congrats on the upgrade. 🙂

I vaguely remember seeing someone else report a situation like this a while back and it did turn out to be due to deck plans not being updated. You can see the location of that cabin on the Harmony deck plan, here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2219/03

I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that's where yours will be on Oasis.

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I vaguely remember seeing someone else report a situation like this a while back and it did turn out to be due to deck plans not being updated. You can see the location of that cabin on the Harmony deck plan, here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2219/03

There you go. If Harmony has those cabins there now, it's a safe assumption that Oasis will be adding those same cabins (since the deck plan just shows blank space there now) during its next dry dock.

24 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There you go. If Harmony has those cabins there now, it's a safe assumption that Oasis will be adding those same cabins (since the deck plan just shows blank space there now) during its next dry dock.

Thank you both. I checked out Harmony and saw the same layout with that room, too, so I think you're right. I also went back to "book a cruise" for the March sailing (mine is December 3-10) and it listed 3806 as an option to book, so I'm feeling a bit better this morning. Thanks again m