Drinks servers at Coco Cay?

Parkhopper

We are going on our first RCCL cruise in May and I have had trouble finding the answer to a question. At beaches like Chill Island, are there servers that come around to the beach chairs to get drink orders?  We experienced this on. DCL cruise and while getting up and walking a short distance isn’t the end of the world, adding that extra level of laziness was very appealing. 

We’re trying to decide if the Beach Club is worth it and if that’s the only place they deliver drinks, it may well push us over the edge with our decision. 

Thanks all!

jason

37 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

The Beach Club is worth it IF you are paying around $100pp. Anything over that and no, it’s not. As for your question, if you are not in the beach club or in a cabana…you have to fend for your own drinks. 

Not at all my experience in our 2 trips this year.  I probably had 10 drinks on cococay last month and only went to the bar for one of them.  We were either at the pool or on South Beach 

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

The Beach Club is worth it IF you are paying around $100pp. Anything over that and no, it’s not. As for your question, if you are not in the beach club or in a cabana…you have to fend for your own drinks. 

The current Black Friday deal that we're considering is $125 per person.  Also, and I don't know if this would play any part in the decision, but my wife has difficulty walking, so she'll have her scooter for the paved bits and we'll have to use the sand wheelchairs for the beach.

4 hours ago, Parkhopper said:

The current Black Friday deal that we're considering is $125 per person.  Also, and I don't know if this would play any part in the decision, but my wife has difficulty walking, so she'll have her scooter for the paved bits and we'll have to use the sand wheelchairs for the beach.

Been to the Beach club twice. I would go back for $125. Set by the pool last time. Never even went to the ocean. Catch the Tram from the dock to the Beach Club.

7 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

What something is worth is purely a question of opinion.  We’ll be there in January for 135/pp and that is worth it for us.  Mileage will vary among cruisers.

31 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

What something is worth is purely a question of opinion.

Well said. I've eaten from there twice while being treated to cabanas by generous family members. I loved the food (except the desserts) and enjoyed the cabanas.

What's it worth to me dollar-wise? Virtually nothing because I also have a great time sitting by the Oasis pool for free and eating Snack Shack and Chill Grill food so I'd rather use my money for something else.

@Parkhopper I've been there multiple times with my wife and she was using a scooter. I would recommend it. I'm also of the opinion that I wouldn't get it again for over $100, but the way prices have goner up, $125 looks pretty good. I would plan to get there as early as you can to have a good choice of seating, my wife also had to avoid sun so we would always be looking for the shaded areas. Another hint is that you should make your lunch reservation as soon as you can to get your preferred time.