Lab grown meat

Niovi

The demand for plant based fake meat seems to be declining. A fad? I'll admit to eating the occasional Beyond Burger at a Florida based upscale burger chain until they closed the neighborhood store. Were it not for the condiments, it would have been completely devoid of flavor and had a really weird texture. I really went for the peanut oil fried onion rings which were out of this world.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:47 PM, Geezer Of The Seas said:

The demand for plant based fake meat seems to be declining. A fad? I'll admit to eating the occasional Beyond Burger at a Florida based upscale burger chain until they closed the neighborhood store. Were it not for the condiments, it would have been completely devoid of flavor and had a really weird texture. I really went for the peanut oil fried onion rings which were out of this world.

I don't think it's fading as it's just no one feels the need to advertise it in bold anymore. Almost any restaurant I go to has at least 1 Impossible item on the menu.

51 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I don't think it's fading as it's just no one feels the need to advertise it in bold anymore. Almost any restaurant I go to has at least 1 Impossible item on the menu.

I think the hype of trying to convince meat eaters that vegan meat substitutes taste good has died, that's why it's not advertised.

There's still enough demand to keep it on the menu, but not enough demand for companies to expand on commercial offerings. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Beyond Meat & Impossible items stocked in the grocery we shop aren't moving like they once did, and are often on sale.

The lab grown stuff sounds all ghoulish, but after reading the ingredients list in Beyond Burgers............sounds like a high school chemistry project. I'll stick with the real deal, if it's gonna kill me, at least I know my enemy........and at age 70, not big on my list of worries. 😃