Opinions of Jewel OTS ?

Just got the news tonight that our Greenland cruise in September 2024 will now take place on Jewel vs. Grandeur.  Any comments about Jewel OTS from recent cruisers on her would be appreciated.  If you are able to compare Jewel to Grandeur, that would be welcome also.  I will do some research, but general thoughts about Jewel from anyone would be great.  Thanks.

I was recently on Jewel and sailed Grandeur about a year ago. I consider Jewel an upgrade. It has a nicer Crown Lounge and a few more features such as a mini golf. That said, both are fine ships that I wouldn't hesitate to sail again. 

On cabin selection, I'd avoid balconies on decks 7 and deck 10 as they both have rather obstructed views.

If you're looking at a window cabin, I normally like 4016 on Radiance class. But Jewel has a defective deck plate just outside that cabin's door.  When someone walks down the hall and steps on it, it gives a little bit and sounds like a huge bass drum. Therefore I'd suggest 4516 instead. 

Enjoy your cruise! It should be a great trip!

You guys are making me feel real good about this switch from Grandeur to Jewel for the Greenland cruise.  Thanks for your input.  I've watched some videos and it seems like there are some real nice aspects to the ship.  The message that came out yesterday said that if acceptable to us, Royal will automatically move us to Jewel with a same day departure as the original cruise, the same destinations and the same departure port.  They also say they'll move us to a "like-for-like" stateroom.  We had pre-selected an OS, so I'll be eager to see where we end up on the ship.  The message said to call only if you were selecting one of their other two offers, so wife and I decided to just let it be and see where they place us, which won't happen until Nov. 22 or later.  This cruise is quite port-intensive, so no matter what, I think the ship will be great for that type of cruise!

4 minutes ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

You guys are making me feel real good about this switch from Grandeur to Jewel for the Greenland cruise. 

A fun fact about Jewel we learned last November. We did the All Access Tour on a sea day. During our time in the engine control room , the engineer on watch told us (and rather proudly), Jewel is the hot rod of the entire Royal Caribbean fleet. She's capable of a maximum speed of 29 knots....... that translates to around 33 mph.

22 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

A fun fact about Jewel we learned last November. We did the All Access Tour on a sea day. During our time in the engine control room , the engineer on watch told us (and rather proudly), Jewel is the hot rod of the entire Royal Caribbean fleet. She's capable of a maximum speed of 29 knots....... that translates to around 33 mph.

Radiance class ships all have a lot more muscle than they're given credit for.

Jewel IMO has one of the nicest Diamond Lounges in the fleet as it's way up on Deck 13 with awesome views (and yes, you can get the same views from the Vortex Lounge right next door). Also their Safari Club is nice and they have a robust library area on your way back there past the Schooner Bar.  Finally, in decent weather the outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer is terrific. I like Jewel. I like Grandeur too, but agree that Jewel is an upgrade.