Room Issue & RC not correcting it

KJ777

We're going on Wonder leaving December 3rd.  My brother in law booked his and his daughter rooms before we booked ours.  We ended up picking our room based on where they were staying, JS deck 14.  My brother in law needed to change his daughter's room and called RC to do it (this was back in April).  When I went into our trip planner (our cruises are linked) I saw that he wasn't on deck 14 anymore but had been moved to deck 10 (still a JS but wrong deck). 

Apparently, when he called them, RC screwed up and changed his room and not his daughters.  I let him know his room had been changed April 27, he's called RC multiple times since then and they still have not fixed the issue.  When he called them one time, they told him there was nothing they could do, the room was already booked.  Each time, they admit they made the error but he's getting nowhere with getting his original room reassigned.  At this point, he would just like to be put back on deck 14.  It's been 5 months and he's still fighting with them.  

He was on another cruise last week and went to guest services to see if they could assist.  They gave him some contact information and he tried again.  Still no change.  We booked this cruise, making a point to be on the same deck, to honor a wish of his parent's (they both passed before they were able to go on this family cruise).  

I guess I'm just not sure what we can do at this point.  Any suggestions would be appreciated... Yes, he's tried pretty much every number they've given him.  Thanks for listening...(probably won't see any answers until tomorrow AM, I sleep "toddler hours", down early and up at 330am!)

I would still keep trying, but the bottom line is that they are not going to displace someone else to move him back to deck 14.  You are after final payment so I doubt there will be any cancelations at this point.

On the scale of things that can go wrong, I wouldn't worry about you being on different decks.  I don't think it will affect very much.

Contact Michael Bayley, the CEO. Email is mbayley@rccl.com

mention reservation #’s as well as dates called-lust form is best include name of who spoke with, who admitted it was there error etc. o

. Linked reservations and importance of being on the same deck.

If C&A members include that as well

Examole

dear ….

on April 1 I booked

symphony July 3 2024 sailing 
reservation # cabin # with
Mary Smith C&A#
John smith C&A#
reservation # cabin # etc

on May 1 I added reservation # for Jackie Briwn c&A #

on June 1 I realized my cabin was moved, without my permission. I spoke with Jane Die who said……
‘on June 5 I spoke with Tom Brien who said…..etc

asyou can see I’ve made multiple calls and I’d like this rectified.  My cabin never should have been moved.  Your customer service agent  has admitted to their mistake.  Can we please have all cabins moved to the same deck (or offer another satisfactory alternative-free internet so you can stay in touch with family on the other deck?)

you can contact me at (provide phone #)

Good luck!

In this case, Using a good travel advisor would have made this much easier as they would have been able to switch the rooms and ensure the correct room was changed.  I don’t think much can be done at this point , but wanted give you hope that not being on the same deck will not affect your cruise enjoyment.  I understand the desire to be close to other travelers, but we book inside GTY cabins for the cost savings, even when traveling with others and we’ve always had a great time.  We just pick a time and place to meet and go.

have a great time. 

@Pattycruise Thank you! 

And thank you to all of you that commented.  He's also Diamond level, not that it should make a difference.  Yes, I understand different decks aren't going to make a difference, but it's more the principle of the matter.  No, he didn't use a TA this time but plans to use ours next time.   

3 hours ago, KJ777 said:

@Pattycruise Thank you! 

And thank you to all of you that commented.  He's also Diamond level, not that it should make a difference.  Yes, I understand different decks aren't going to make a difference, but it's more the principle of the matter.  No, he didn't use a TA this time but plans to use ours next time.   

I just did a mock booking and there are still 4 JS's on deck 14 and 2 on dec 10 (they are category J4).  One suggestion if for your BIL to contact Royal without any back story and just ask for his room to be switched to deck 14 - as of now the cabins available are 14236, 14248, 14626 and 14650.  Alternatively, you could call and ask to be moved to deck 10 - either cabin 10230 or 10236.  This works assuming that's the category of room you originally booked.  Otherwise you would have to pay the fare difference which likely won't make it worthwhile.  Good luck.