How do the Oasis class ships rank against each other?

Archarial

Hello, I find myself in the transition from one job to another and thought what better way to spend these couples weeks than to book a last minute cruise!

So my wife and I ended up settling on the Sept 11th Oasis departure and although the itinerary leaves something to be desired, I'm still pretty excited with just being on the boat in general haha. Big ships are fascinating!

Anyways, back in 2011 I sailed on the Oasis with my family and I don't remember too much from it, and a few months ago I sailed on the Wonder. I also saw the Oasis had been updated in 2019, which sounds nice.

So I was wondering if I might be a little disappointed going from the Wonder to the new and improved Oasis and was curious about others opinions on how the Oasis class ships rank against each other?

How they rank will depend on people's preference.

The one thing about Wonder is she is new and seems to feature all the improvements people wish for when the ships get amplified. 

I sailed both Allure and Harmony before I sailed Oasis. Other than the upgraded restaurant choices, I would prefer either of those to Oasis. I sail Wonder in Jan, so I cannot quite compare. But there are enough similarities that you won't be disappointed, at least imho. 

49 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

there are enough similarities that you won't be disappointed, at least imho

I agree with this.

I was just on Wonder and have been on all except Symphony. I'd happily sail any of them.

49 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

How they rank will depend on people's preference.

I also agree with this. Food is important to me and I LOVED the Mason Jar brunch, I enjoyed El Loco Fresh for an afternoon snack, I'm a big fan of Playmakers, and I liked the size and layout of Wonder's WJ... so naturally I'd put Wonder #1 right now (but I'd still happily sail any of them).

Other people will rank them based on what they find most important (could be shows, newness, pool deck, etc.)

It irks me when people call them "boats" 🤣 (I kid I kid) - I don't really care.

I believe Matt from RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com ( 🤣😛) made a video about the differences between each Oasis-class ship.

Give it a watch and see.

From what I understand, most of the Oasis-class ships are pretty similar re: things to do on board, except Allure, since she didn't get her amplification.

It goes like this:

wonder>symphony>oasis>Harmony>allure

I would sail any of the five ships listed above given any other choice across the entire industry. The Oasis class (regardless of which one) can’t be beat. I’m sure I will have a different opinion in early 2024 when the Icon arrives but for now it’s all about the Oasis class. 

Rank based on what criteria?

Productions shows?  In the main theater or aqua theater?  In Studio B? 

For kids or for adults?

Based on dining?

Based on decor?

The best suite bathrooms are on the first two.  Rank them based on that?

I like different things on different ships in this class, but having said that... I still love Allure.  Allure doesn't (yet) have the purple monster slide blocking the boardwalk views, no Bionic bar, no water slides (I don't need water slides),  I love the massive shower in the loft suites.   Love Mamma Mia! - every time.   Not the best Ice Skating or Aqua show show but still entertaining.  

The truth is all Oasis class provide a great experience.   What one person looks for means little to someone else.   One person's "must have" specialty restaurant is a hard pass for someone else.  Only one FlowRider is a big miss for some, not even noticed for others.  

If any night on an Oasis class ship is better then a day at home then try them all.

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Rank based on what criteria?

Productions shows?  In the main theater or aqua theater?  In Studio B? 

For kids or for adults?

Based on dining?

Based on decor?

The best suite bathrooms are on the first two.  Rank them based on that?

I like different things on different ships in this class, but having said that... I still love Allure.  Allure doesn't (yet) have the purple monster slide blocking the boardwalk views, no Bionic bar, no water slides (I don't need water slides),  I love the massive shower in the loft suites.   Love Mamma Mia! - every time.   Not the best Ice Skating or Aqua show show but still entertaining.  

The truth is all Oasis class provide a great experience.   What one person looks for means little to someone else.   One person's "must have" specialty restaurant is a hard pass for someone else.  Only one FlowRider is a big miss for some, not even noticed for others.  

If any night on an Oasis class ship is better then a day at home then try them all.

This is true. What it really should come down to is itinerary because any Oasis class ship is going to be uniquely amazing in its own way.