Allure lunch spot immediately upon boarding

happy cruisers 2

We're cruising on Allure soon.  Upon boarding, we like to get to a quiet place to sit and get a drink and light snack or lunch while we wait for cabins to become available.  At this point, we each have a carry-on bag and don't want crowds (maybe they can't be avoided on Allure!).  I'm guessing we would want to head to Park Cafe or Solarium Bistro.  We'll have a suite, but I'm thinking Coastal Kitchen isn't what we would want for this sit-and-wait lunch (and maybe it's not available at that point anyway).  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

But is CK a place to go with carry-on spinners parked by your table?  (By the time we're boarded I think it will be close to 11:30 anyway.)

Everywhere you go you will have people with their carry on luggage parked next to a table. That's just all part of embarkation day. We prefer the suite lounge / CK because it is less crowded without the added traffic of people going through the area to get to another location. Certainly less so than any other bar or the Windjammer. I would enjoy lunch in CK and then move to the suite lounge side of the room to clear the table for another guest and relax until rooms are open.

I was also coming to suggest CK if you could do it.

It is truly so much quieter and more relaxed, and, yeah, on boarding day there are spinners and duffles and backpacks everywhere. They know it and they don't make an issue of it. Plus, the restaurant is spaced pretty well that you can store your luggage next to you without creating a tripping hazard.

my only other recommendation -- although if you have CK access, by all means, you definitely want to go there -- is to pick up your food to go at park cafe and then chill quietly in dazzles on deck 8 (or even 9, since it is two levels).

we did this on harmony in the spring and were largely undisturbed until the bulk of passengers came aboard. at that point, we were ready to abandon and camp out in the hallway until the corridors opened to the cabins around 1:45, so the timing was choice.

37 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

pick up your food to go at park cafe and then chill quietly in dazzles

There's a hack I've never seen before. We're not as concerned with finding peace and quiet on embarkation day as many seem to be but I appreciate the unique idea.

I've hardly ever even stepped foot in Dazzles on any ship for that matter. I went with the family to Music Hall on Wonder (same thing basically) in June and was bored so I was flipping through the drink menu... which included some fairly unique drinks with cheesy music-themed names. Never heard anyone mention those before.

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

There's a hack I've never seen before. We're not as concerned with finding peace and quiet on embarkation day as many seem to be but I appreciate the unique idea.

I've hardly ever even stepped foot in Dazzles on any ship for that matter. I went with the family to Music Hall on Wonder (same thing basically) in June and was bored so I was flipping through the drink menu... which included some fairly unique drinks with cheesy music-themed names. Never heard anyone mention those before.

Music hall on oasis was probably the place we spent the most time. We were right down the hall from the upstairs part, so we would basically end every night there before going to the room. Our kid played pool, I had a few mocktails and the wife enjoyed a wine while we watched the band from the balcony (it was a Journey cover band, so not bad!) I never stepped foot on the first floor, couldn't even tell you what it looked like, but we loved the upstairs.  I did think about going a few times during the day when nothing was going on and enjoying a morning snack and watching the people mill around on the boardwalk

16 minutes ago, ScottD said:

the band from the balcony (it was a Journey cover band, so not bad!)

It was the house band playing there on Wonder (I've read that RC basically did away with cover bands at some point) and they were... let's say not great.

That's not really our thing anyway but sounds like it was a good spot for you guys. I only went there with the extended family b/c my 9-year-old niece wanted to dance to with her dad (my BIL). She got the flu last school year and missed the daddy-daughter dance her school has so she wanted to sort of re-create it. It was a cute idea... but unfortunately the music being played wasn't exactly the right fit.

22 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It was the house band playing there on Wonder (I've read that RC basically did away with cover bands at some point) and they were... let's say not great.

That's not really our thing anyway but sounds like it was a good spot for you guys. I only went there with the extended family b/c my 9-year-old niece wanted to dance to with her dad (my BIL). She got the flu last school year and missed the daddy-daughter dance her school has so she wanted to sort of re-create it. It was a cute idea... but unfortunately the music being played wasn't exactly the right fit.

Yeah, I don't imagine we will be back as much this time since it seems to just be a house band doing Earth Wind and Fire and "Dance music" when we go.  I did see that they have the 80's rock tribute band called Phoenix coming back to oasis in November, so that's a good sign- maybe some tribute bands will start popping back up. That's a shame for your Niece, sounds like that would have been a cool little memory if the music fit. 

6 minutes ago, ScottD said:

That's a shame for your Niece, sounds like that would have been a cool little memory if the music fit.

Yeah, it didn't work out perfectly but I think they made it work. She wore the dress she was planning to wear to the school dance and everything.

7 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I did see that they have the 80's rock tribute band called Phoenix coming back to oasis in November

That's good to hear. It's really never been our thing but if it was the right type of music, I could see going to hang out for a bit. Since we're currently planning to go on the same ship 5 times in a row, other than the comedy show (assuming new comedians), I don't really foresee going back to see the main shows multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hoppy2BHere said:

Sorry for sidetrack…Curious…On Wonder Sept 24 2023. How do we find out early who and what they are playing in the various venues? 

The app doesn't fully update with activities until embarkation day so you may not know until you get to the port/ship. Otherwise you can just keep checking the app.