Rcl August 2024 prices

gi333

Hi everyone. I just returned from an amazing cruise on the Oasis of the seas from cape liberty and we loved it! This was our first cruise and definitely not the last! 

I was looking into pricing for next year in August and i find that pricing is very much more expensive than what we have paid. I had booked this cruise back in January 2023. I know that the best times for sales is January to March. Should I expect prices to drop? 

Thanks 

The best time to book is when the cruise is released for sale.  After that, it will depend on supply/demand for pricing.  August is still peak season and demand has been high in 2023 so I am not surprised that it would be higher.

If you book, you can always reprice the cruise as long as you do not pay in full.  You will need to make final payment at 90 days out and it cannot be repriced after that.

At this point expect prices to continue to increase as the CEO wants cruises to be on par with land-based vacations and more and more people are cruising. August is summer vacation for most people, so prices will be higher than if you sail during shoulder/non-peak times. As all the advice stated book now to lock in the current, probably cheapest, price. As long as you aren't from Europe, you can reprice if on the rare chance prices decrease. I booked in Jan this year and by March a cruise for 2024 had doubled, eventually going 4x as high as I paid. 

I booked a Mariner cruise we are going on next week about a year ago. I booked an August 2024 cruise on Adventure as soon as they opened.  The prices have been a one way street since. This Mariner cruise in particular was before the prices went nuts.

I keep a fair check on pricing and its nuts. At least out of Port Canaveral. Like others have said, if you want to go I'd book as soon as possible then reprice if possible.