Finding cabin steward (& separating beds)

Going on Symphony in less than 3 weeks.  I know for one of our rooms, we want to request the beds be separated.  In searching previous posts, it looks like since we didn't make this request at the time of our reseravation, we would want to find our cabin steward to let him know this request (side question-is this correct?).  And I have seen also that your cabin steward is one of the first people you want to meet on board.

My question is this- how do I find him once I get on board?  Is there a station where they are located?  Will I just find him randomly in the hall?

They usually will see you entering your room and come by and say hello or you will see them outside the room with their carts. They may not be there right when rooms open up around 2pm, but they usually are in the halls when folks are heading back to their rooms to get ready for dinner. In the rare case you don't see them and the beds aren't split there is a housekeeping number on the cabin phone that you can call and they will send someone to do it.

You can do it in the app after you board. I did it on my recent Anthem cruise and it worked fine. When the stateroom attendant came to introduce herself she already knew we wanted the beds separated.

First, click where it says "Welcome aboard! Hints and tips as we set sail".

Screenshot_20230729-210753.thumb.png.0abcd5087183829742779d76b8face23.png

Then scroll down until you find "Stateroom requests are just a tap away" (you might have to scroll a long way down. This screenshot is from a Symphony sailing and it's all the way down at the very bottom. On my Anthem sailing it was about halfway down.

Screenshot_20230729-210817.thumb.png.bfc969ede5f32331ccc4fcf479e2b5c0.png

Click where it says "Tell us" and it opens up a list of requests with a space for you to insert your stateroom number.

Note that it does not work until you are connected to the ship's WiFi.

First off, my beds are always setup as one bed no matter what I put on the reservation.  My Diamond+ overwrites what is on the reservation.  Every cruise I can find the cabin Steward in the hallways when I show up.  Now that they only do one cleaning a day they are looking for you to find out if you want morning or evening.  If not, you can call them on the phone.  One of the options go to the cabin Steward.

Finding a cabin steward can be like finding a needle in a haystack on day 1.  Cabin access can begin as early as 1 but they are busy with other items.  I don’t sit in my cabin to wait for them.  I now leave notes for my attendant. Big piece of paper, in marker, printed neatly (a chore for me!😂!) list service request (AM or  PM), bed request and any amenities missing (D+).  Usually I’ll see them in the hall on Day 2. 

21 hours ago, FionaMG said:

You can do it in the app after you board. I did it on my recent Anthem cruise and it worked fine. When the stateroom attendant came to introduce herself she already knew we wanted the beds separated.

First, click where it says "Welcome aboard! Hints and tips as we set sail".

Screenshot_20230729-210753.thumb.png.0abcd5087183829742779d76b8face23.png

Then scroll down until you find "Stateroom requests are just a tap away" (you might have to scroll a long way down. This screenshot is from a Symphony sailing and it's all the way down at the very bottom. On my Anthem sailing it was about halfway down.

Screenshot_20230729-210817.thumb.png.bfc969ede5f32331ccc4fcf479e2b5c0.png

Click where it says "Tell us" and it opens up a list of requests with a space for you to insert your stateroom number.

Note that it does not work until you are connected to the ship's WiFi.

Will this work to request extra towels every day? That's my one absolute 😉