MCO Airport Sleeping?

Hi!

Our flights to Orlando got changed and now we have a red eye and get at MCO at 1 am. Our boarding time is 10 am for our cruise out of cape Canaveral. Does anyone know if we can just stay in the airport until it's time for us to head to the port? 

Yes, you can stay at the airport and wait for your flight. You might have to exit the gate area and pass security again if the flight is in a different area or if they ask you to, but there are chairs outside too. I think the airport doesn’t have free WiFI if I remember correctly so be aware of that.

If you checked bags, those will be outside the terminal at baggage claim. After claiming, You will not be able to re-enter through security at this point since you will not have a boarding pass. You are now stuck outside the terminal area, which is not exactly a restful and quiet area even if you found a place to sleep. Leaving your luggage at baggage claim for 6+ hours is not good idea either if you are planning on not leaving the secured area of the terminal and sleeping there. 

get the hotel and don’t cheap out! Your body will thank you 

We often get into Florida late at night, like midnight.  We still get a hotel and some sleep.  Then head out to get on ship about 10am.    Since your cruise is a little over an hour away, Port Canaveral, you can stay either place.  But getting transportation from Orlando to Cape Canaveral area is harder to come by, and more expensive,  at that hour. I would stay in Orlando at the airport.  Then travel to ship in the morning.   

14 hours ago, Sharla said:

You will sleep much better if you stay in a hotel. The Hyatt is literally inside the airport so I recommend that for sure. 

we have stayed here in the past and the convenience cannot be beaten.

your body will thank you so much for getting the room, especially since port canaveral isn’t a 10 minute drive from the airport, like at FLL/port everglades.