New "Feedback" Tab on RC Website

I am a market researcher for another company.  Like previously mentioned that feedback tab is for the website. I manage one for my company's website as well.  I just went and looked at Royal's and the question they are asking is an NPS or Net Promoter Score question.  They say how satisfied are you with the website, but really what it is asking and what they are reporting to the Royal exec's is how likely are you to recommend Royal Caribbean to others, based upon your experience with the website.  

The way the analysis is done on this type of question is if you answer a 9 or 10 you are a Promoter, 6-8 you are Neutral, 0-5 you are a Detractor.  So if you think changes and updates need to be made to the website put a 0-5.  If you think its okay, but don't really need changes put a 6-8. If you think it is amazing put 9 or 10. 

That's how it works anytime you see that scale on a survey for any company by the way.  

As someone who runs surveys and moderates focus groups I can say that there is a group of people in a company who looks at that data and tries to be your advocate within the company.  Now getting the executives to listen to the results of the data we collect and make changes based off it is another story.... 

19 hours ago, mills10 said:

I am a market researcher for another company.  Like previously mentioned that feedback tab is for the website. I manage one for my company's website as well.  I just went and looked at Royal's and the question they are asking is an NPS or Net Promoter Score question.  They say how satisfied are you with the website, but really what it is asking and what they are reporting to the Royal exec's is how likely are you to recommend Royal Caribbean to others, based upon your experience with the website.  

The way the analysis is done on this type of question is if you answer a 9 or 10 you are a Promoter, 6-8 you are Neutral, 0-5 you are a Detractor.  So if you think changes and updates need to be made to the website put a 0-5.  If you think its okay, but don't really need changes put a 6-8. If you think it is amazing put 9 or 10. 

That's how it works anytime you see that scale on a survey for any company by the way.  

As someone who runs surveys and moderates focus groups I can say that there is a group of people in a company who looks at that data and tries to be your advocate within the company.  Now getting the executives to listen to the results of the data we collect and make changes based off it is another story.... 

Interesting. Thanks for your input on how surveys are scaled.

22 hours ago, mills10 said:

Now getting the executives to listen to the results of the data we collect and make changes based off it is another story.... 

Based on Royal's earnings call, the execs seem to love the NPS. They constantly refer to how well their survey results come back.

From a 2022 earnings call from Michael Bayley:

I think the happy customers is a beautiful thing to have. And I think that formula has never changed. When people really have an amazing time, they go backward and as they tell their friends and families, they want to come back and repeat.

And we know we've done obviously work on Net Promoter Score and repeat cruises and the correlation is relatively high. There is a relationship between Net Promoter Score and loyalty guest. So it's a winning formula. And I think that's always been one of the great things about cruise is the value proposition connected to satisfaction has always been remarkably high.

So we think it's a great thing, and we're always striving to deliver the highest level of vacation that we possibly can. I think it's fair to say that in the beginning, the euphoria of excitement from primarily our loyalty guests was so incredibly high, and the crew was so incredibly happy to be back that for many months, there was just this euphoria on our ships, and I think that comes through on the Net Promoter Score. Certainly, we see those Net Promoter Scores staying at a really high level. They've started to come down a little bit as we see the volume increasing, as the load factors get to 100% and beyond and you start seeing a more normalization of those Net Promoter Scores.