Laundry on the ship

Good afternoon everyone, Has anyone used the ships laundry service, if so how much was it, and did it come back the next day, we are doing back to back cruises, one out of Miami, then we drive to Ft. Lauderdale , so we will need to do laundry on the second ship. 

Keep in mind the ship washes everything on scorching, so if your clothing cannot handle that......

Considering you are doing a side-to-side, you could just stop off at a laundromat on the way to Port Everglades. Its $35 for a little bag on the ship and probably $8 to do your load elsewhere and the clothes can be wash and dried at your preference.

They have a wash and fold bag for $35 available with a 24 hour turnaround time. Good for t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear and pajamas that can withstand the high heat.  You can creatively pack that bag very full and wash tons of stuff for that price.

Other items that you'd want washed and ironed and hung (button up shirts, polos, dresses, etc.) have a per item charge and you can pay more for expedited service..otherwise it's expected to come back after 5pm the following day.

We just got off Anthem and I used the $35 all you can stuff into the bag option. It seemed a little odd to me that they don't include pants/jeans on the list of approved items you can put in there but it was still well worth it to have all of our undies, pajamas, t-shirts and socks clean before going home. Enjoy your BTB! I'm jealous and hope to be able to do it someday. 

Yes. $35. 

We overfilled the plastic bag and they still didn't charge more or lose any items of clothing.

I said this before about some other amenities such as the deluxe beverage package and the unlimited dining, but for us, the price we paid for those services included peace of mind and the feeling that we were being taken care of on vacation.

For us, its vacation.  I don't want to find a coin laundry at port and waste an hour doing my own laundry to save $30 or so.  I know $30 can be a big deal to some, but for us, it meant that we got to spend that time doing something fun or relaxing.  The clothes come back clean, folded better than how my kids or spouse would have done, and we didn't have to lift a finger.

My wife, an accountant, always uses the cost of a movie as a bench mark.  A movie ticket costs around $15 plus $15 for popcorn and drink.  So for $30 a person, you get approximately 2 to 3 hours of entertainment at around $10 to $15 an hour. Let's say that you go to Disneyland and pay $150 for the ticket and $50 for food.  Let's say you stay 10 hours.  That comes to $20 an hour for a good time.  By our metric, if we have to spend more than double the movie cost per hour of entertainment, its not worth it.

An hour saved on laundry costs us around $9 an hour per person.