Cruise wedding

Agree with the others about using a travel agent (TA).  We used to use cruise.com (one of the big boys).  Since they are so big, we got some extra perks like extra OBC.  But a year or so ago, we switched to a TA with MEI and haven't looked back.  With MEI, you might not get the extra perks, but the service is just fantastic.

12 minutes ago, baltodave said:

Agree with the others about using a travel agent (TA).  We used to use cruise.com (one of the big boys).  Since they are so big, we got some extra perks like extra OBC.  But a year or so ago, we switched to a TA with MEI and haven't looked back.  With MEI, you might not get the extra perks, but the service is just fantastic.

Us too, we used to book with cruise.com because we used to get free gratuities but talk about no communication or help. Now with a true TA that responds to every request within a very, very short period. 

Our first 2 cruises we booked though Royal, first one was grand, no issues. The second (which was our honeymoon) we encountered a couple of speedbumps that should have been easy to overcome and Royal where a disaster at attempting to sort. One of which was they didn't bother booking us any Transport to and from the airport even though was paid for and was marked on our invoices. I had to go around taxis and buses and ask if we could come with them.
Ever since then I've used a TA and its been great to have them fighting in our corner if things go wrong

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think OP is trying to plan a wedding which might not be something a TA would be able to do. I thought there was some sort of specialized department for that . 

You're correct.  

If they don't want to have the wedding on the ship, then certainly a TA can help coordinate a group booking but Royal has a wedding planning department they need to use for a ceremony on the ship or the private islands.

What I've read is they aren't the best at communicating before the cruise but once on the ship it's a good experience. Sounds like the typical customer service experience differences between ship side and shoreline 🙄

• 5 months later...

100%..i have been trying for 2 days to get ahold of anyone at "the wedding experience"....i have been on hold With Royal now today for 45 minutes as they cant get ahold of anyone either.

All their phone lines are dead, their social media has been dead the past 2 months...little worried with a the wedding cruise in 57 days and we don't know if we even have a wedding happening at this point.

Would never recommend them so far base don this experience.